• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic

Marksman
    So, I brought out my 1895G 45-70 and ran some of the Lever-Evolution 325's through it. I have not scoped this rifle yet and I may not.
    I adjusted the rear leaf to give me a dead on shot at 100 yards and well, after 11 shots... I was done for the day. My fillings are loose:yo::yo:

All in all, I can't wait to get the large loop lever and get a 'smith to polish out the lever and internals a bit. The new Marlin Safety is awful and isn't needed in my book.
    If I do scope it, I have a Meopta Artemis short scope that will do well on it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Lemme know if you want to shoot some of my 405gr WFNGC's thru that gun. Only stipulation is .... I get to watch.

Those safeties are an incredibly stoooopid idea. Take off the butt stock. You will see a small set screw on left side. Unscrew it,put the safety on "FIRE",screw in the set screw. The safety will not come off of "FIRE" now. --- SAWMAN

Medic

Marksman
    Yeah, I'll shoot some 405's through it! I'm sure it's brutal.
    I have about 3 too many magnum rifles and to be honest, I cringe at that Guide Gun more than I do the 300 or the 338 Mag.

Centermass556

Expert
    I have an 1895SBL...The only real different is a bigger loop and extra two rounds in the mag...

I love mine. I haven't found anything it will not shoot. It is not brutal on the shoulder by any means. I think I even have footage of my Daughter shooting it...she is only 13. But, I am not a fan of the ghost ring on it. I plan to go with a tube red dot for the spring bear season...(insha allah).

I agree the cross bar safety is stupid.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    I have an 1895SBL...The only real different is a bigger loop and extra two rounds in the mag...

I love mine. I haven't found anything it will not shoot. It is not brutal on the shoulder by any means. I think I even have footage of my Daughter shooting it...she is only 13. But, I am not a fan of the ghost ring on it. I plan to go with a tube red dot for the spring bear season...(insha allah).

I agree the cross bar safety is stupid.

One other thing is different, the SBL version has the best recoil pad Marlin offers :)
    the G has the standard pad...

Usually suggest that anyone owning an 1895 gets the SBL pad, or a Pachmyer Pad,
    it'll save your shoulder :D
    Having a shotgun padded vest helps as well...

Big Shrek

Marksman
    So, I brought out my 1895G 45-70 and ran some of the Lever-Evolution 325's through it. I have not scoped this rifle yet and I may not.
    I adjusted the rear leaf to give me a dead on shot at 100 yards and well, after 11 shots... I was done for the day. My fillings are loose:yo::yo:

All in all, I can't wait to get the large loop lever and get a 'smith to polish out the lever and internals a bit. The new Marlin Safety is awful and isn't needed in my book.
    If I do scope it, I have a Meopta Artemis short scope that will do well on it.

There is a kit that replaces the safety with a Saddle Ring Loop...
    Best $30 you will EVER spend for your Marlin :D
    https://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/products/saddle-ring-safety-delete

Top Bottom