• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Went to visit my daughter and son-in-law in LA over Christmas. He is in the Army stationed at Ft. Polk. We stopped at several Walmarts along the way for gas and I checked out their ammo supply at every location. At every location there was no .223 to be had. At several locations most of their ammo was gone.

In Leesville (just outside Ft. Polk) i stopped at 2 Army surplus stores to check for 556 mags. When I asked if they had any they pretty much laughed at me. One clerk said that as of last week they sold out. Prior to last week their aluminum mags were going for $3 and their PMAGS were going for $10. One clerk said that they are now getting many long distance calls asking for mags and saying that they will buy everything that the store has. Of course, they don't have any.

Looks like there's gonna be a long dry spell.

shootnstarz

Master
    It ain't only the ARs and 223 ammo. I just searched high and low for M-1A mags and everybody's out of stock. Even the cheapo chi-com mags are out of stock and I wouldn't insult a fine rifle like the M-1A by putting one of those POS in it.

Rick

Gravity3694

Expert
    It ain't only the ARs and 223 ammo. I just searched high and low for M-1A mags and everybody's out of stock. Even the cheapo chi-com mags are out of stock and I wouldn't insult a fine rifle like the M-1A by putting one of those POS in it.

Rick

Pretty much any semi-auto except .22 and rare models are sold out of mags.

I never had a problem with Chinese mags in my M1A. Polytech M1As were actually pretty good from what I've heard.

SAWMAN

Master
    How much are the milspec/milsurp 20rd mags going for nowadays ?? --- SAWMAN

Bay Ranger

Master
    No way to know what the MILSURP will go for - no one has any. I've asked my son-in-law to keep an eye out for any and to snatch them up if he sees any at a reasonable price.

shootnstarz

Master
    The last I bought, in 2011, were $26 each, Checkmates. The sites I looked at recently had them in the $27 to $34 range but nobody has any, and most promised they have more coming in Feb and no doubt they'll cost more. I'm not sweating it, I'll get by but a few more wouldn't hurt. $30 to $35 will be my limit, they've always been expensive even long before all this BS.

Rick

Top Bottom