• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    I am down to an AR15 for a deer gun and I don't know the Alabama state law on magazine capacity for deer hunting I know I can't use my 30 round mags so was is the highest capacity mag I can use for hunting?

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    I dont know an actuall # so I would suggest 5 rds to be safe. I dont see why more would be needed anyway in a hunting scenario.IIRC Alabama you must use 243 or better as a cartrige.But I have not hunted there in over a year...Things coulda changed..

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I dont know an actuall # so I would suggest 5 rds to be safe. I dont see why more would be needed anyway in a hunting scenario.IIRC Alabama you must use 243 or better as a cartrige.But I have not hunted there in over a year...Things coulda changed..

I have not been told that i couldnt hunt with .223 so this comment about .243 minimum interests me. Will u please elaborate? I was under the impression if it were center fire I could use it? I was gonna let my 7 year old son use my PLR16 .223 for the youth weekend gun hunt.Thanks

Mullet Hunter

Master
    It is legal to use any center fire cartridge deer hunting in Alabama, this law changed two years ago used to be .243 minimum. The maximum number of rounds that a deer hunting rifle can hold in Alabama is 10. Dead sure that this is correct information. Your Keltec will more than likely jam after the first shot anyway Stanley.....

MrFish

Expert
    Maximum is 10 rds on public land. On private land you can use a beta mag if you want.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    It is legal to use any center fire cartridge deer hunting in Alabama, this law changed two years ago used to be .243 minimum. The maximum number of rounds that a deer hunting rifle can hold in Alabama is 10. Dead sure that this is correct information. Your Keltec will more than likely jam after the first shot anyway Stanley.....

First off thanks for the AL .223 info. And secondly I love my PLR16 and it has never jamed with hollow point or good quaility hunting ammo. It did jam with some cheap cramp twice but seriously all truth being told it is some of the best money i ever spent. And i doubt ill have more than 1 round in the 10 round mag anyways since a 7 year old will be shooting it.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom