• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • collectorden

Expert
    ABC news reported tonight that stolen guns "often" end up in the hands of criminals, so you should always keep them locked up.
    Apparently they don't consider the people who steal them as criminals.

outside9

Master
    ABC news reported tonight that stolen guns "often" end up in the hands of criminals, so you should always keep them locked up.
    Apparently they don't consider the people who steal them as criminals.

Okay, I know I'm slow sometimes so I want to get his right. If I don't lock up my guns they might get stolen. Is that right so far? Then my guns might end up in the hands of criminals. I think I have it now. Thank you ABC

aknavy

Expert
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious.....but mine are also guarded by my dogs (Pit Bull). Have fun stealing them.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    You know....it seems obvious to us, but for some reason kids and monsters keep getting a hold of weapons that have no business having access to. Top that off with all the guns that owners leave in their vehicles at night, and you have a recipe for disaster. most of us have the right to own guns, but we have responsibility to own them RESPONSIBLY. Unfortunately many people in this world do not have common sense....and look where it has gotten us. We all have black eyes from these dipshit parents that have let there chemically imbalanced kids get ahold of firearms. They paid for their mistake with their lives....but we are having to deal with the backlash.
    The views of the gun grabbers are very wrong, but the gun owning public needs a slap to the face .....to wake it up to the fact that you can't leave your guns under the bed anymore....you can't keep them in a glass front showcase....you need to secure them. Get a safe and use it for every firearm you don't have in your hand or on your person. For gods sake bolt it down.
    I hate the news, but talking to people like they are stupid may be appropriate in this case.

Blackeyes

Expert
    Meh, I respectfully disagree....
    I have a neighbor who lives about a mile from me who had his house stormed by 3 mexicans who beat him severely in front of his wife, he had a shotgun in his closet, but could not get to it in time to be of any help. A locked up weapon will take more time to get to than you probably will have if you are asleep and hear the door get breeched. I do realize its different for families with young children present, and I never leave any weapon in a vehicle where it could be stolen.
    My kid is grown and gone, and my wife is more than capable with any one of several weapon platforms available in our house. We keep loaded and ready weapons for just such an application if it were to happen to us or any of our neighbors and have discussed it with them beforehand so there is no confusion on the issue.
    Anyone who decides to do something stupid will be carried out in plastic. My plans are not to change their minds, my plans are to make dam sure non of them get out alive. Unless they have a belt-fed weapon, they will be woefully unprepaired for their mission.
    You must put the process of natural selection into effect at times to thin out the ever growing herd of dumbshits. Its your civic duty...

Last edited:

outside9

Master
    Meh, I respectfully disagree....
    I have a neighbor who lives about a mile from me who had his house stormed by 3 mexicans who beat him severely in front of his wife, he had a shotgun in his closet, but could not get to it in time to be of any help. A locked up weapon will take more time to get to than you probably will have if you are asleep and hear the door get breeched. I do realize its different for families with young children present, and I never leave any weapon in a vehicle where it could be stolen.
    My kid is grown and gone, and my wife is more than capable with any one of several weapon platforms available in our house. We keep loaded and ready weapons for just such an application if it were to happen to us or any of our neighbors and have discussed it with them beforehand so there is no confusion on the issue.
    Anyone who decides to do something stupid will be carried out in plastic. My plans are not to change their minds, my plans are to make dam sure non of them get out alive. Unless they have a belt-fed weapon, they will be woefully unprepaired for their mission.
    You must put the process of natural selection into effect at times to thin out the ever growing herd of dumbshits. Its your civic duty...

There is no way, unless you wear (shower etc.) a gun everywhere you go in your home to be prepared for every "what if". I agree you may want to have one unlocked in a closet so you could possible get to it in a hurry.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Yes, you do need a couple that you can get to. firearms are useless unless they are available and loaded....But I think most people know what Im talking about. It just makes sense to lock up all the extra weapons ....so that you dont lose them and the wrong people dont get them.
    I dont have kids....and dont know how Id balance the need for ready protection with the need to keep young and teenage persons from having access. I believe Id just have to make sure it was close enough to me at night that Id wake up before anyone got to it.
    Teenagers are by nature, chemically imbalanced.....fact of life. When they can sneak into your bedroom, get ahold of an ar15 and kill your whole family....that is a problem. Not because of the ownership....but because of irresponsible ownership.
    If you have 20 different firearms laying around the house and ammo tucked into various closets, then you might want to reassess your storage procedures is all im saying. We cant afford to look any more irresponsible.

Top Bottom