• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    I hadn't heard of this SCAM before I actually received it within one hour of posting a vehicle on Craigs list. Scammers response was very interested in vehicle. Wanted alternate eMail contact use (REDFLAG) because craigslist is unreliable and some mail systems automatically put his mail in a SPAM Folder (no doubt they do and justifiably so). I sent back "It seems to be working fine for us now, continue on here. Then got something like: He would drive over and buy it once a vehicle history report backed up the discription. "But don't use those high priced big name report companies, use (Link) #&$/=$&&*_$÷=/$% whatever it was. I said VIN is on ad you can get it if you want one. I really wasn't suspicious until he kept pushing "for me to get it" in order to help sell the car" and gave another similar Link. Told him I had solid offers already. He sad "Get it anyway to reassure the buyer. He sends both Links again! (I never clicked on them) Way too pushy about buying Report and not about buying the car. At this point I told him: Take the message: I'm not buying the Report and BLOCKED him.

Later, I checked and sure enough:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2018/10/steering-clear-vehicle-history-report-scams

Think real hard before communicating outside the current buy/sell sites system when its working just fine.
    When contacts get pushy, demanding or set unnecessary conditions for you to make additional contacts, to buy or try something you didn't intend to get: Bail out and Block them. Free Trials and money back guaranty means nothing when their stealing your funds and running up SCAM charges and probably reselling the info on the Dark Web.

As soon as something sells on sites like Craigs List, Delete the ad and prevent unnecessary contacts/SCAMS.

Just checked one of the scam sites "AutoAdviceBlog. followed by com" sent by Rick Long. I don't want it to even appear as a link here. If you search the first part of the address without the suffix, dozens of top results reference it as a SCAM.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    It is amazing the information some tele scammers already have. I let that last one talk just to see what they knew and did not know. He had an old PO Box address that was closed and yes he was going to save me money on my credit card debt. What was interesting he told me the first part of my discover card number. I am guessing for certain zip codes the number except for last digits is known. He of course needed the last four digits of the card and I told him 30-06 and a similar phony number for the SS last four digits. He tells me to wait because and asked again because lol it would not work. About then I got tire of playing.
    Sometimes I ask if they are christian and often they say yes. Then I say, 'say something bad about Mohammad'. The line goes click. The indian scammers are usually Muslims. Muslims are on the bottom and in most of India are not well thought of. I had one threatened sexual assault against my mother after I told him his English was very poor. I told I would go kill a muslim tonight. Luckily homeland security did not arrest me.
    I just got a message from AOL that someone in Ecuador was trying to log into my account. It has gotten to the point where instead of clicking on a dubious email link I will call a verified number or something else that is safe.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    I don't face, space, twit, tweet, toc or any of that crap. Didn't even need a craigslist account, made ad, $5 for 30 days and deleted it without any social trail/connection on third day. Same ad text but without pictures would have been $115 (I cancelled when cost popped up) for seven days in the local News Harold paper! I can fend off a few scammers for that amount of savings and the results were great but it no doubt varies one whats being sold and price.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom