• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Here's mine, Mohawk Armory lower, Adams Arms 16" mid-length upper, Samson rail, magpul ctr stock, magpul grip, magpul B.A.D lever, eotech Exps3, Troy industries claymore muzzle brake View attachment 29599

Wow! Did you do that sling? iDig it! The rifle is nice too. Lol.

Dan1612

Master
    That's a great sight by the way, and you left room in front of your front sight for a light, which is smart.
    BUT: That sling could be the coolest thing I've seen all day, it's almost like Marine digicam, and it goes great with the rifle, and is totally functional and looks like a big, fat rattlesnake, and you can make it to the exact length you want. I really really like that. I may need to get you to make me one. Haha.

otis

Shooter
    Not hard to make, that one is actually 2 inner cores with a braid over the top. Just time consuming, I think that one took 6 or 8 hours and those qd buckles are high. Bought them at bass pro because I was impatient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Is that the Midwest Industries M-Lok rail? How do you like it? What attachment did you use to attach the bipod?

Yes, it is the Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK handguard (15" model). I like it very much. I have one of their Gen 2 SS handguards on another AR of mine. They are lightweight and very versatile. MI also have the SSK Keymod handguard as well. To attach the bipod, I use the MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1263

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1339

timc

Expert
    Yes, it is the Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK handguard (15" model). I like it very much. I have one of their Gen 2 SS handguards on another AR of mine. They are lightweight and very versatile. MI also have the SSK Keymod handguard as well. To attach the bipod, I use the MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1263
    http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1339
    Thanks. I just ordered the 9" M-Lok rail. That is a light rail at only 7 ounces. It will complete my 300 black out build.

Well guys, my long awaited search for a nice Colt SP1 Carbine is over. I was at the Milton gun show this morning with a couple of my 1911s to sell and came across a very nice SP1 Carbine for $1800. I did not have the cash, nor did my two 1911s amount to anywhere near the price. So, I went home, but kept think about what I had that I was willing to try and trade. After lunch and our daily walk, I loaded up my two Remington R1s and a Remington R51 (one that works) and headed back to the show. Needless to say, It was a trade. I know I came out on top as far as value is concerned. Plus, the Colt has a good new home and it will keep all of the other retros company, including my 1977 Colt SP1 rifle. Serial number is SP 149*** which, I think, puts it about 1980. It is in really good condition. The BCG has hardly any wear whatsoever. The buttstock look brand new. It also came with two Colt AR-15 5.56mm 20-round magazines and one Colt AR-15 .223 magazine. Somebody took very good care of this Colt. Anyhow, I just thought I would share. It was a good day.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Very nice. Congrats.

I finally got in the last of the stuff I was waiting on (stock, handguards, and some small parts) to get my A2 build assembled. This was probably on of the quickest builds I have done. It was almost 4 weeks start to finish.

Upper Assembly:
    A2 Upper Receriver (no forge codes - unknown origin)
    PSA M16 Type BCG
    A2 Handguards (Rock River Arms)
    Windham Weaponry 20" A2 Gov't Profile 1/7 Barrel
    A2 FH

Lower Assembly:
    Palmetto State Armory "Stealth" lower receiver (stripped)
    Lower Parts Kit (misc.)
    A2 Stock Assembly (Rock River Arms)
    A2 Pistol Grip

timc

Expert
    Good deal. I am sure you will like it.

Got the MI M-Lok rail today. You were correct, it is a really nice rail. I really like it. Going to check the headspace on the barrel this weekend and get the rail installed.
    I can't believe how light the rail is.

Got the MI M-Lok rail today. You were correct, it is a really nice rail. I really like it. Going to check the headspace on the barrel this weekend and get the rail installed.
    I can't believe how light the rail is.

Good to hear you got it. I look forward to seeing pics and some feedback after you shoot the AR.

DGladden

Marksman
    I'm in the process of piecing together my second AR. I'm still waiting on a few things to finish the lower but here is the Mid State upper I ordered, mounted on my CMMG lower. The Mid State was a blem and only $309 delivered including bcg and charging handle. It has a 10" free float quad rail and stainless barrel chambered for .223 Wylde.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom