CAN YOU HUNT IN YOUR BACK YARD IN FLORIDA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    someone at work just asked me this and i didnt have an answer. this guy moved recently and now butts up to alot of wooded acreage. his security cameras are showing him some nice deer. he asked me if it was legal to shoot one. of course you would have to have your hunting license but can you hunt on your own property legally? one guy said you had to have a certain amount of acreage.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    How much acreage do he own ? how close are his neighbors ? Ask what are the neighbors politics ?
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it , did it really make a noise ??
    yeah, he is in a pretty rural place but there are neighbors. he only owns half an acre but the land on two sides goes on for a long long way. i think he backs up to a preserve, which may cause some issues.

Sporter

Expert
    Probably but you'll need to talk to your neighbors about recovering game from their property. Even though I and most of my neighbors live on hundreds of acres we still coordinate with each other when we need to recover game (or dogs). No one ever says no and it's nice to not hear bullets ripping the air when you're on someone else's land. Probably just me but I have never had a deer drop in his tracks. They always manage a short burst and make me drag there butts out of either thick brush or swamp.

Top Bottom