• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter

tros6t

Marksman
    The biggest win for the 2nd Amendment in 50 years:

The media is saying this is Trump’s fault because of the ones he appointed!
    They just made their move with the early debate to dump Joe! They knew it was gonna happen and now they can replace him! The problem is the replacement will be as slimy and as corrupt but smarter
    and younger!

IronBeard

Master
    The biggest win for the 2nd Amendment in 50 years:

Could be. I've been through multiple articles that mentioned nothing about the 2A; then your link...

$.02 on the article.To hell with, "how federal regulations will be crafted and implemented," and, "could slow the implementation of new rules..."

Let's get right to results and look at repealing every infringement between the 2A and where we are today. Bye-bye NFA and GCA for starters. Sounds like MAGA to me.

Why can't the average, law-abiding, tax-paying citizen own whatever they want and be trusted to use it safely?

One possible answer: ' Cause those that made the "laws" are afraid of, and don't trust, the average, law-abiding, tax-paying, citizen because they themselves are not obeying the Constituion; The Law of this land.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    It’s all part of Project 2025 which is being slowly implemented

RackinRay

Master
    Guess news of this Supreme Court Ruling has not been noticed by federal agencies heads like the FCC.

I would guess that the days of federal agencies "rule making" are done per the decision.

IronBeard

Master
    It’s all part of Project 2025 which is being slowly implemented
    Yep. Slow and easy is better tolerated than hard and fast. But, as long as I have time to get used to it, and can fulfill my own selfish needs, future generations can just fend for themselves. They're all just liberal, pierced, tatted, bisexual, degenerates any how...

Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle; what did you do to leave a better life for me, and why did you stop there?

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Guess news of this Supreme Court Ruling has not been noticed by federal agencies heads like the FCC.

I would guess that the days of federal agencies "rule making" are done per the decision.
    Not likely.

They will continue to rule-make and litigation will ensue to mark and test the decision boundaries.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Not likely.

They will continue to rule-make and litigation will ensue to mark and test the decision boundaries.
    Yep, un-elected bureaucrats making "law" because the non-elites don't have the wisdom. Essentially, ithey are saying if you don't like my "laws" file a law suit against me. Go ahead, spend your money. I will use your tax payer money to defend my wisdom.

IronBeard

Master
    Yep, un-elected bureaucrats making "law" because the non-elites don't have the wisdom. Essentially, ithey are saying if you don't like my "laws" file a law suit against me. Go ahead, spend your money. I will use your tax payer money to defend my wisdom.
    Yep, that's the process. Enact an Unconstitutional "law" with a majority vote and it'll last 30-40 years until some "court" decides they might listen.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Yep, that's the process. Enact an Unconstitutional "law" with a majority vote and it'll last 30-40 years until some "court" decides they might listen.
    Well, that is the beauty (curse?) of the process.

I will still take my chances with multi-branches of government over a despot (which I understand we may now have legitimized thanks to the SCOTUS).

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    at least we can now bring suits about every mandate and most likely win now
    GOA already started that ball rolling...

Erich Pratt, GOA’s Senior Vice President, issued the following statement:

“For four decades, presidents of both parties weaponized the wide authority given to them by Chevron Deference – and gun owners were commonly the victim.

“Today we celebrate, as this is a massive win for gun owners and all those concerned about the growth in the federal bureaucracy. Chevron Deference was the means by which the Trump-era Bump Stock Ban survived for over 5 years before its recent demise, and it also emboldened the current Biden Administration when rolling out their comprehensive, illegal re-write of multiple federal gun control statutes.

“Laws are written by our elected representatives, not unelected bureaucrats, and today’s ruling restores that constitutional balance.”

Sam Paredes, on behalf of the Board for GOF, added:

“This is an incredibly encouraging ruling, and without a doubt will bolster our arguments in many of our ongoing legal cases. This opinion, coupled with Bruen from two years ago, gives us the thunder and lightning we need to beat back the aggressive anti-gun agenda of the rogue Biden Administration.”

big jon

Marksman
    I learned in school that the only recourse against a president was by impeachment from and by congress, so im not upset,

IronBeard

Master
    Well, that is the beauty (curse?) of the process.

I will still take my chances with multi-branches of government over a despot (which I understand we may now have legitimized thanks to the SCOTUS).
    Acknowledging that beliefs often outweigh truth, I believe the founders of this Nation intended for any change to be well thought out and measured/weighed against the Constitution before any decision was made. Contrasted with today, where "representatives" pass legislation with a one-vote majority while the "represented" sleep in preparation/resignation for their next day's work, we've at least deviated from course.

olliges74

Shooter

Doubt it. All that this decision does is give the states a leg to stand on fighting this in court. The fight is still gonna happen though.

Top Bottom