• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brassman57

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Just started back reloading after a long hiatus. Have been reloading for over 37 years and can't remember seeing 380 90 gr HP beingso cocked after seating, Using Dillon dies and Lyman turret press. Brass is S&B as I'm giving this to a friend and don't want the brass back. But is clean, inspected de-primed and sized. I'm kind a anal about my reloads and these won't fly. Any thoughts out there?

nwfdub

Expert
    Have you tried tearing the die down? Checking for foreign objecrs? Could be some debris got where it shouldn't have.
    I once had a 22 shell that was inside a 9mm just right. When I punched the primer out, the decapper pierced the 22 shell, pretty much dead center. I hadn't realized when it happened, but I was resizing with the 22lr shell into the 9mm cases as I continued to decap them.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Brassman57

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Have you tried tearing the die down? Checking for foreign objecrs? Could be some debris got where it shouldn't have.
    I once had a 22 shell that was inside a 9mm just right. When I punched the primer out, the decapper pierced the 22 shell, pretty much dead center. I hadn't realized when it happened, but I was resizing with the 22lr shell into the 9mm cases as I continued to decap them.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk
    Checked dies, all good. going to try setting up on 650 Dillon. The Lyman press has been used and abused, links look a little loose?? Thanks for your thoughts.

Top Bottom