• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Dick’s to Open Field & Stream Gun Stores, Complete With AR-15 Rifles

Dick’s Sporting Goods are spinning off a new separate chain of sporting stores called Field & Stream, much like they did with their Golf Galaxy chain of golf stores. Field & Stream will be competing directly with Bass Pro, Cabelas and Gander Mountain. The first store is being built in Cranberry Twp, PA.

I am told they have an incredible amount of ammunition allocated for this store. There are about 1.4 million rounds of .22 LR in storage for this store. Rumor is that $8 million worth of ammo is allocated to this store.

What is incredibly interesting is that Field & Stream will be stocking Modern Sporting Rifles (semi-automatic rifles). I can confirm that they will be selling Bushmaster AR-15 rifles (M4 ORC and others), Remington AR-15s (R15, R25), S&W AR-15s (M&P 15 Tactical and others) as well as Stag and DPMS AR-15s.

What is even more interesting is that they will be selling Troy rifles (we don’t know what models). Dick’s infamously pulled all AR-15s after the tragedy at Sandy Hook, including many pre-paid orders for Troy Rifles. Troy heard about this announcement in the media along with everyone else and they made this statement …

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

It looks like Dick’s and Troy made up, which is surprising considering the damage that Dick’s inflicted on Troy.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/04/dicks-open-field-stream-gun-stores-complete-ar-15-rifles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+%28The+Firearm+Blog%29

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    kiss my ass, change your name will not matter and the liberals can do business w you!

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Too little, too late for me. Unfortunately there's plenty of soccer moms and people who just don't understand or care that will continue to shop at dicks and their new field and stream store.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Dick's lost my business and opening a store that brings back what the company stopped selling is not going to gain it back.
    Not buying shoes, athletic gear, golf clubs, or anything ever from them. Matter of fact, this just shows me that they are a lousy and two faced company. Plenty of other stores out there that can take my money.

LowRiderRed

Master
    I have mixed feelings about this. Glad to see more competition in the market, no doubt, but yeah it's a shitty way to do things. On the other hand, businesses and the government do this all the time. It's all wrong until we figure out how to make money on it, then it's OK.

Shley65

Expert
    Redemption is good for the soul, we'll see .

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    This move reminds me of the character in "Oh Brother"... "All my sins have been warshed away"... then Cloony's character reminds him that the State of Mississippi
    didn't see it that way.

Bootwo2000

Expert
    I went in there to get some 5.56 and ended up standing at the gun counter for 10 min before I left and went to Academy. I like dicks because its easy for me to remember what side of the mall I parked on and their bathrooms are new, other than that Academy is where I will be going for stuff

Snow Bird

Master
    Just my idea,but if you get 22 for $18 a brick and 223 for .30 a round with good customer service how many of the I'LL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN folks might change there mind. Just cant see all of them keep paying 40 and up for 22 and whatever for 223.Been wrong before but I think some will bite the bullet so to speak and shop there again.I have seen alot of people in my lifetime make that statement and go back when the sales are on.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Respectful Dialogue for Firearm Enthusiasts

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    They won't be selling Troy; Troy told them to pound sand after their last gig with them.

http://blog.predatorbdu.com/2013/08/troy-cuts-off-dicks-sporting-goods.html

"It has come to our attention several media outlets are reporting that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) will resume sales of Troy Defense Carbines through their new retail outlet Field & Stream.

Dick’s Sporting Goods severed its business relationship with Troy Industries, Inc. in December, 2012. Troy has not sold or shipped any Troy Defense Carbines to DSG since that time, nor is it Troy’s intention to sell any rifles to Dick’s Sporting Goods, its subsidiaries or affiliates in the future.

If Dick’s Sporting Goods has rifles to sell at its affiliate store, the only logical explanation is that the retailer had Troy Defense Carbines stored in backroom inventory.

We apologize to any of our supporters for any confusion. Troy has reached out to writers to have these erroneous media instances redacted.

Dick’s behavior during a time of crisis clearly shows they do not support the Second Amendment as we at Troy Industries do."

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Just my idea,but if you get 22 for $18 a brick and 223 for .30 a round with good customer service how many of the I'LL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN folks might change there mind. Just cant see all of them keep paying 40 and up for 22 and whatever for 223.Been wrong before but I think some will bite the bullet so to speak and shop there again.I have seen alot of people in my lifetime make that statement and go back when the sales are on.

I've never seen $18 a brick for 22 lrs at Dicks before the rush and $223 for .30 a round is a myth from them. Good customer service is if you can find someone at the gun counter. There is a Wal Mart across the street and Academy across town that will get my business. And when I move this fall, there will be no Dicks in town so I guess it will not affect me at all.

Snow Bird

Master
    I can see where my statement may have been taken wrong. The point I was trying to make was the statement about never shop there again could be anywhere.I have no idea what Dicks prices are but can bet that many would shop there if prices were lower than anyone elses were for awhile.To be quite clear I have never shopped at any of the stores you folks seem to shop at because they don't have them close enough to where I spent my life before moving south to even shop at.Those numbers I threw out were what I thought they might sell for because I thought they were close to what Wallmart sold for. I just bought 223 for .37 a round and thought that 525 rem 22 usual price was $19. Many stores sell for below cost on there grand openings. Farm supply stores were a great place up north to buy firearmes and ammo. As a matter of fact there prices were even lower than Wall Mart at times,much lower. I shop Wallmart alot and really don't like it alot of the time but there prices are cheaper than alot of gun shops,If not there wouldn,t be reports on what they have for ammo every day People hate there customer service hate there employees,but sure check them for ammo to the point of standing in line at 7 in the morning to hope they won't run out before they get to there turn. My personal believe is to buy where I can at the cheapest price I can at tha same quality. Some one has the same gun or ammo down the street for %20 cheaper thats where I go. Most people will unless they have money to throw away. For those who have enough money to pay higher prices more power to them. In won't say that I will never shop Dicks,Gander Mountin Bass Pro or any of the big stores .I have found prices cheaper than most of there prices other places anyway unless they are throwing a sale.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    You're right about most people will purchase a product for the lowest price. However like I said, Dick's did not have the lowest price on ammo before. I mostly bought sportswear and such from them. But when they decided they will no longer sell MSRs due to the Newton shooting, they lost my business. I stopped buying from them all together. I don't buy shoes, shirts or hunting gear from them. I took my business elsewhere.

Same thing when CTD price gouged...lost my business...I have not checked out their site for anything.

As a consumer, our strength comes from our purchasing or not purchasing from bad businesses. I chose to support those businesses who are honest and support my 2nd Amendment rights.

Snow Bird

Master
    I am glad you are standing by your convictions and have more than one place to shop for your hunting and shooting needs...My son turned me on to CHD many years ago so I have never even been on there web site because of what he told me about there shipping charges...I guess you are with Dicks like I am about some people in my past.Said I would never speak to them again and I haven't.In other words I wouldn't $iss in there ass if there guts were on fire...Happy Shopping and have a good day.

Top Bottom