Favorite old faithful knives... show 'em!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I've had this old Buck 110 for 40yrs now. It's on it's 3rd blade and 2nd sheath. Wouldn't trade or sell it for anything. Cleaned plenty of animals with it. Been camping all over the US. Wore it in the marine industry as a diesel tech/ship-wright and cut all kinds of stuff I probably shouldn't have with it! Truly a workhorse and a legendary design... what's your favorite old blade?
    FB_IMG_1691954871596.jpg

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Those and the Schrade and Gerber version are certainly the most versatile workhorse carry knives.

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have had this one about 40+ too. I think I stopped using it as EDC about 20 years ago.

IMG_1022.jpg

Got it from the Champion spark plug rep I was working with at the time

Here are a few retired back ups

IMG_1166.jpg

Beached

Expert
    Victorianox Ranger 78
    Been carrying this model for around thirty years get around three years before I sharpen past the hardening then they go in tool box or truck or to a buddy. One hand open 3-7/8 blade two straight blades one Phillips reamer saw very usable toothpick tweezers can opener bottle opener. Push emblem on side to unlock. All in an easy to carry in pocket package.image.jpg

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Victorianox Ranger 78
    Been carrying this model for around thirty years get around three years before I sharpen past the hardening then they go in tool box or truck or to a buddy. One hand open 3-7/8 blade two straight blades one Phillips reamer saw very usable toothpick tweezers can opener bottle opener. Push emblem on side to unlock. All in an easy to carry in pocket package.View attachment 237505
    Couple old Swissies and a tiny one my Granpy gave me when I was seriously to young for a pocket knife!
    20230814_201527.jpg

Fathertime

Marksman
    I carried this one for years, I bought it in 1973 at the Navy Exchange for around $10.00 . It came with a Marlin spike and leather scabbard. I have cut wire and pretty much anything you should not have cut with it. As for hunting it’s cut the leg’s off squirrels and the wings off doves plus gutted and skinned deer. The pitting on the blades is a combination of blood corrosion and using WD 40. Anyway if it could talk!

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
      IMG_0731.jpeg
      449.1 KB · Views: 51

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    My Randall Made model 3 ca. 1975. This one was my dad’s. He gave it to me and held on to his brother’s 1965 Randall model 1.

This one has skinned a lot of deer, but has been retired. It is the sharpest knife I’ve ever owned.
    one does not simply retire a randall knife....

M60Gunner

Master
    These belonged to my grandfather. The small one is one of the oldest Boker knives I have seen of this type. The red knife has everything and a toothpick lol. The tiny cap pistol was a neat find. I still wear some of his cuff links. I do not wear his mason insignia stuff, when he passed he was the highest ranking mason in South Carolina.

7F2569D9-7D97-468D-A14D-6717F8962613.jpeg

79D16C5E-4F65-43B6-992C-C571EC5CD4DE.jpeg

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    First one is a boker, I got from my papa, I remember him whittling on a stick of cedar
    The other 2 are from my dad ,a camillus and a Schrade Walden

Attachments

• IMG_2742.jpeg
      IMG_2742.jpeg
      650.5 KB · Views: 35
    • IMG_2740.jpeg
      IMG_2740.jpeg
      706 KB · Views: 31
    • IMG_2741.jpeg
      IMG_2741.jpeg
      685.3 KB · Views: 33

DGladden

Marksman
    This started life as a Camillus TL-29. I picked it up off ebay years ago for about $5. I sent it to a member of BladeForums that does a lot of custom work with these and had him delete the screwdriver, making it a single layer slipjoint. I also had him replace the worn out factory scales with ebony and inlay a shield. I don't carry it as much as I used to, but still reach for it once in a while.
    d9a57b6df0631938c0080b84f3cd47cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom