• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rook850

Shooter
    Any guesses which will win the new contract?
    Right now I'm guessing S&W M&P, Sig 320, FN that meet the requiremetns.

fbo.gov 9mm Pistols

2016 is a big year for the industry. I’ll have to post a link to the Army RFP for DoD’s new modular handgun but DoJ is also budgeting $85M to add a new striker fired 9mm. Since the deadline for submission of the proposal and sample firearms is Jan 2016, they are looking at a commercially available product. The RFP is a large document, so the link above will take you to it . Here are some of the highlights though.

C.4 SPECIFICATIONS
    C.4.1 CALIBER
    Pistols shall be chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge and must be capable of firing 9mm Luger ammunition which is in compliance with the specifications as outlined by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI)

C.4.2 PISTOL PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
    C.4.2.a Barrel
    Class I: Barrel shall be a minimum of 3.75” not to exceed 4.25”
    Class II: Barrel shall be a minimum of 4.26” not to exceed 5.20”
    Barrel lengths between the two classes of pistol shall not be closer than 0.5”.
    C.4.2.b Height
    Class I: No less than 4.75” and no greater than 5.6” Class II: No greater than 6”

C.4.3 MAGAZINES
    C.4.3.a Capacity
    Class I: Magazine shall hold a minimum of 14 cartridges
    Class II: Magazine shall hold a minimum of 16 cartridges

C.4.7 TRIGGER
    C.4.7.a Trigger Mechanism Type / Class I & II
    The trigger pull shall be consistent in both length and weight of pull for the first shot and all subsequent shots.
    Firing pin/Striker fired only.
    There shall be no method of manually cocking the pistol other than by pressing the trigger.
    If a trigger safety is present, it is preferred the safety match the contour of the trigger bow.
    C.4.7.b Trigger Pull Weight6 / Class I & II
    Trigger pull weight shall be no less than 4.5 lbs. nor exceed 6 lbs.
    Pistol must fire with 6 lbs. of pressure and shall not fire with 4.25 lbs. pressure.
    Manually adjustable triggers are not permitted.

C.4.9 MANUAL EXTERNAL SAFETY
    None allowed. Only safeties which are disengaged by the rearward movement of the trigger are allowed (i.e., passive).

C.4.10 DECOCKING LEVER
    None allowed.

C.4.11 GRIP SAFETY
    None allowed.

C.4.15.a Finger grooves on the frame are not permitted.

C.4.15.e The frame shall have a locking slot groove/rail to affix a tactical light.

C.4.17.a All Class I & II pistol’s exposed parts shall be a matte black non-reflective finish.

C.4.17.d Class I & Class II pistols (frame & slide)shall be available, as an option, in a tan color similar to Flat Dark Earth and a green color similar to Ranger Green.

C.4.15.d Two acceptable methods of accommodating for different hand sizes

C.4.14.g High Visibility Sights
    High visibility sights are required for Class I & II pistols.
    It is preferred these sights be the Trijicon8 HD night sights (GL101O) or similar high visibility sights.
    The high visibility sights may have a “U” notch in the rear sight.

C.4.14.f Low-light Sights (a.k.a. Night Sights)
    The front and rear sights shall be equipped with self-luminous capsules which allow the shooter to align the sights in low light conditions.
    The sights delivered on the pistols shall be Trijicon7, Bright and Tough NightTM Sights, or similar.

Must be accurate using:

“Unless otherwise noted, all ammunition used for accuracy and endurance testing shall be FBI service and training ammunition as follows:”

Service: Speer Cartridge #54227 147 gr. Gold Dot G2

Training: Speer Cartridge #53685 115 gr. TMJ

Training Reduced Lead: Speer Cartridge #53690 115 gr. TMJ Cleanfire

Frangible: Hornady #90229 100 gr. Frangible​

Will be cleaned with the following during evaluation: Shooters Choice brand, MC#7 solvent and G96 brand, synthetic gun oil.

So you know what to do when evaluating the firearm:

IMMEDIATE ACTION DRILLS: Where allowable in the technical evaluation the immediate action drill (IAD) sequence shall be conducted as follows:
    Level 1: Tap the magazine and cycle the slide; if this does not clear the stoppage then the shooter will attempt a level 2 immediate action drill.
    Level 2: Lock the slide to the rear, remove the magazine, cycle the slide twice, lock the slide to the rear, insert the magazine and release the slide. If a level 2 does not remedy the stoppage then this will constitute a failure.​

ChrisC

Master
    Whoever has the best company representative that can put on a good show and convince the boss wins the contract.

Fletch

Master
    Same way all deals are made. Whoever has the best hookers and booze!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom