• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • intimidator

Shooter
    I have been looking at every Walmart for a AR-15 and there non insight. Does anyone have any leads to where I can find a Walmart that will be bringing them in.
    Thank you.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Apparently they are trickling in one or two at a time. You have to be there when they bring them out or they are gone in 10 minutes.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Welcome to the forum. I don't think you will see it again, unless the proposed legislation goes bust. If they do come in you will need to camp out waiting for them....along with everyone else

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    From what I've heard....that is Need to know info only. The people that do know can't tell ....and even if they could....why would they tell us?

flyandscuba

Master
    The stores are ordering them -- there just isn't a supply to fill the orders. I know that the Sporting Goods manager at the Hwy 29 store orders directly from Sports South in addition to the company distribution system. I'd stop by and check with him -- he may actually tell you if any are inbound and when he expects them.

The one I found at a Walmart in Alabama last night was one of three that were in limbo because of a background check delay. It never got sorted out, so they put them up for sale. I saw the "limited stock" show up for the Colt LE6920 -- and I stopped by the store last night on my business trip. I missed the Colts by 30 minutes, but they still had the DPMS so I grabbed it.

outside9

Master
    From my many vists while off work for the holidays I discovered a few things about Wal-mart. The ammo comes in at night and after it is ready to be stocked they call the sporting goods person and have them come get it, usually around 0800-0900. If they get a gun in, it comes by Fed-X and comes later in the day. Each store is probably different on when to expect Fed-X.

Never thought I would know so much about Wal-mart. However, it did get me 2000 rounds of 223.

intimidator

Shooter
    From my many vists while off work for the holidays I discovered a few things about Wal-mart. The ammo comes in at night and after it is ready to be stocked they call the sporting goods person and have them come get it, usually around 0800-0900. If they get a gun in, it comes by Fed-X and comes later in the day. Each store is probably different on when to expect Fed-X.

Never thought I would know so much about Wal-mart. However, it did get me 2000 rounds of 223.

From what you saw, when the fedex shipment comes in do they drop the gun off at the sporting goods counter or do they take it to the back?

SAWMAN

Master
    F&S.....so your saying that the sportings goods manager at the Hwy29 store bypasses the Walmart ordering system and calls/contacts Sports South(a wholesaler) directly to order his/her guns for the store ??? Sorry sir...this is kinda hard to believe. I mean,Walmart is so damn structured and all. --- SAWMAN

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    I know he has a huge book of order only guns so it is believable to me. You can ask to see the book but I haven't bought anything I usually shop at mikes or scotts.

outside9

Master
    From what you saw, when the fedex shipment comes in do they drop the gun off at the sporting goods counter or do they take it to the back?

Everything goes to the back and they log/check it in. Once that happens they call sporting good to come get it. That is my understanding of the system.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They sold 10 today at the FWB store, yep that was all they got...that may stop as the meet w biden tomorrow

intimidator

Shooter
    Everything goes to the back and they log/check it in. Once that happens they call sporting good to come get it. That is my understanding of the system.

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to hang out at one my stores and I don't know see what happens.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Found out just a few minutes ago that f&s was RIGHT in his post #5 above. Walmart has more AR's and 223 ammo on the way. They will order all allowed by the WM buyers and available from Sports South. WM CAN deal with Sport South to a certain extent, although they cannot out buy what their buyers have allowed. If WM calls Sport South and asks for 5 guns and the buyer has only allowed 4...4 will be shipped to WM.

RIGHT NOW.....WM has no plans to discontinue AR's from Colt,Sig,Windham Weaponry,and DPMS. If the home office sez no more AR's..of course the WM's in our area will comply....but....as stated no plans of that NOW. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    That is till they meet w the VP tomorrow, we will see their policy after the meeting.

Clay

Master
    I spoke with my guy, the manager of the DFS Walmart today. He told me that corporate is now allotting which stores get what and the 'managers' no longer have control over inventory. Also saw a 6 item max in place for ammo/guns.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Yea, the 6 item max is b.s. and depending who has the key depends on the limit,the register does not limit purchases...trust me.

Viking1204

Master
    They sold 10 today at the FWB store, yep that was all they got...that may stop as the meet w biden tomorrow

Frank they sold 10 what? I picked up 100 rournds of Turkish 9mm, 180 rounds of Winchester .308 Power Point and one Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 and a Mossberg 715T Tactical .22. Mickey told me they only received 4 boxes of .223 and it sold before they unboxed it.

Top Bottom