• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldefoxx

Shooter
    I found multiple tools online for finding the ammo I need, which is 22 LR. These tools work of other caliber types as well.

The first two should be obvious: Google and/or Bing. Put in something like ww lr ammo and away you go. Then check through the links returned.

Another is not at all obvious, which is gunbot. Search for it first with Google or Bing and do this with gunbot and 22lr, or whatever caliber you are interested in.

Yet another is not obvious, which is www.ammoseek.com. like gunbot, it tells you where ammo is currently in smtock

Some are actually store fronts, which are well enough organized to not only show you what they normally carry, but may show you what ammo can be back ordered through them. Some store fronts do not back order, but do send you email when it gets in stock on your request or if you add it to a wish list.

Such store fronts are www.sportsmansguide.com, www.sinclaireintl.com, www.targetsportsusa.com, www.cheaperthandirt.com, www.slickguns.com, and more. Some store fronts like Walmart will tell you that they are not filling orders online at this time and you need to visit a local store to see if you can find it in stock.

I managed finally to get two boxes of Eley ee Match ammo ordered through one source. Sorry. By the time you read this, others will have found the site on their own.

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Nice. Neighbor told me about sportsman guide. I hope ammo will start to come in check like the AR's are.:usa:
    [/CENTER]​

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    gunbot seems to be one of the best IMO.

Telum Pisces

Master
    gunbot seems to be one of the best IMO.

And it's making it to where people are selling out the online stores in minutes. I just need some .22lr to go shoot my new SR22 for the first time. But since it's my first .22 gun, I didn't have any ammo for it. Well, looks like it's going to sit in the safe unfired for a while.

Swayback

Shooter
    I back ordered some 22lr from Bass Pro on Wednesday and recieved an email on Friday that it shipped. They only shipped 500 of the 1k i ordered but it was nice to see that it is restocking fairly quickly. You got to have plenty of time on your hands to find a deal on gunbot and be quick to secure it.

oldefoxx

Shooter
    The trick is to find some place that will back order for you. Many places can't (or won't) because it requires reworking their web page, database, and order process to support it. Like Bass Pro used to not accept back orders, and now you say they do. That's good news. Need more good news like that.

Gunbot is configurable, meaning you only need check one ammo type and can elect to only see sites that report it as being in stock. It's shortcoming isx that it does not check everywhere, so you have to keep up other searches if striking out.

oldefoxx

Shooter
    Gunbot gave me some good leads, but I was not quick enough in ordering. Someone beat me to it. I actually bought 2 boxes using ammoseek. Note that ammoseek includes blanks and other off types in its results, so read the descriptions carefully.

I can't get around without a walker, and even standing puts a severe strain on my lower back so that I cannot remain upright for long. I cannot drive now either. Result is that my only way of shopping is online. There is a lot more stores that may have ammo coming in that you can get if you get there in time than there are places on the internet that have it in stock, meaning the smart move might be to pick out your store and check with them until you finally get what you want or need.

Last edited:

Magnuskrans

Shooter
    http://www.slickguns.com/today

This one is great and has guns, ammo, and accessories! Just leave the window open and it will beep everytime a new deal pops up if you check the box. I see alot of ammo deals on Slickguns that don't even make it to gunbot. Definitely worth keeping open along with gunbot and the others.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    What I did was sign up to be emailed when what I want is in stock, and I use my cell phone email addy.

Now every weekend my phone goes off around 2 am Saturday morning. And if I want whatever one it is I get up and order online.

They are then sold out by Sunday and they ship during the week. Everyone doing this is also caught up on shipping.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    2nd Amendment has 22 in stock

bullseye

Shooter
    And it's making it to where people are selling out the online stores in minutes. I just need some .22lr to go shoot my new SR22 for the first time. But since it's my first .22 gun, I didn't have any ammo for it. Well, looks like it's going to sit in the safe unfired for a while.

I have a little extra, and would be happy to give you 50 rounds of 22LR so you can shoot your new SR22. I know it aint much, but I also know that "cant wait to shoot it" feeling. Im in Mobile, where are you?

Telum Pisces

Master
    I have a little extra, and would be happy to give you 50 rounds of 22LR so you can shoot your new SR22. I know it aint much, but I also know that "cant wait to shoot it" feeling. Im in Mobile, where are you?

Thanks for the offer. I live in Navarre. But I have been able to get about 2000 rounds of it over the net in the past few weeks at pre-crazy prices thankfully.

Top Bottom