• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Is it stamped with a department ID anywhere? I think it was "bowfreak" member here on this forum was looking for police surplus pistols in particular. I could be wrong on the name, but a guy here was looking and made a thread about looking

Is it stamped with a department ID anywhere? I think it was "bowfreak" member here on this forum was looking for police surplus pistols in particular. I could be wrong on the name, but a guy here was looking and made a thread about looking
    It is not stamped. I was told it was police issued by the dealer I bought it from. Something about the glow in the dark sights larger capacity mag? Anyway, thanks for the info!

Raven

Master
    Just looked it up. It's Bowfreak. But I gotta say, I don't think it's an issued gun. Big difference between being issued surplus and being the same model that was issued

5lima30ret

Master
    Typically PD issued Glocks will be have quite a bit of holster wear but are very sound mechanically. They have usually been inspected and maintained by a department armorer. The sights are usually Meprolights or Trijicons, but are no different than what a private individual would have. When I retired from the PD they gave me my duty Glock 35 w/ Meprolights and had my badge laser engraved on the slide. Just my .02 worth!

Raven

Master
    My first Glock I ever bought was a 40 caliber G22C that was police surplus. It had department initials engraved on it. Like NYPD. It needed a new barrel, but hey I only paid like $325 plus shipping and transfer. I didn't have it long before the ERML range said I wasn't legal to compete with it and I sold it. Not legal because of the "C" for the compensated barrel having an unfair advantage. Look closely for department or proof marks that other Glocks don't have. Anything that looks hand stamped or electro penciled. Maybe even under the slide or inside the frame over the rail. I know the import marks and abbreviated serial numbers for surplus rifles got electro penciled everywhere inside them, and Glocks were issued all across the known world

Last edited:

bowfreak

Master
    Thanks for looking out bud. Yeah I have found that there are a ton of PD guns that don''t have markings. This could be one of them. I picked up a pair of G22 with sequintial numbers that looked almost new due to them being bailiff weapons

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Reissue or factory refurbished (generally what they do with surplus le pistols ) have a specific label color .

Top Bottom