• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    So I'm guessing all plastic frame guns do that? The take-down button cycling like that was pretty surprising.

Id like to see other guns...including alloy and steel frames.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The only other think I have seen flex like that was an AK-47 on youtube awhile back. It looked like it was made of rubber.

Snow Bird

Master
    The old Mini 14,s used to flex as bad as the AK47 do. I won't say anything about thats what you get when you shoot a plastic gun. Just jokeing guys. The takedown latches is what really suprised me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    you gotta read the comments for the full effect.

Fletch

Master
    I had no idea and would like to see some other polymer pistols for comparison. That explains the feeling I had when shooting my G19 which I called boingy for lack of a better term. But that's exactly what the frame is doing.....it's boinging. So I'm not the idiot that people's expressions indicate when I use that word to try and verbalize the physical sensation I feel when shooting Glocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    I believe the ranson rest the firearm is locked into is keeping the initial recoil pulse from being dampened like it would if hand held.
    The firearm isn't engineered to be fired from a fixed rest.....it's a handgun.
    Here is a video from a hand held glock. Looks like the takedown does move a little....but no where near the flex of the other video.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IOAtSPHmgwU
    The 1911 is a bit overbuilt and will flex less....but at the expense of greater weight.
    The glock is built to accomplish the task as economically as possible while still retaining a great degree of reliability and longevity.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    There was something wrong with that gun for sure. Looks like there was no ejector in it.

Frame flex does not bother me as that is less that my hand has to take. The slide lock going down so easy was surprising but I think its only job is to keep the slide from flying off the front of the gun when it goes into battery. The locking block is what takes all the impact force from recoil.

I can see how having a light attached to the rail could alter its operation. Like the problems they where having with the G22.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Like they said, the ramsome rest was not set properly and in effect was limp wristing the weapon causing it not to cycle and act as it did...very poor testing procedure.

Fletch

Master
    It obviously doesn't effect much as the more than adequate accuracy and dead nuts out of the box reliability of the Glock is pretty much proven.

Does the Gen 4 feel the same as the Gen 3? I wasn't able to warm up to the Gen 3 19. I actually prefer the feel of the G2 Taurus under recoil over the Glock as far as polymer goes. It's Blasphemy for the Glockoholics I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom