• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    I haven't. This is the first time that I was made aware that these even existed. A 19-year-old student spotted an extremely rare all-white deer while on a recent fishing trip with her father. If you ever see one in the wild, please resist the temptation to harvest. They need to be kept safe so they can propagate again. Albino deer lack pigmentation and have a completely white hide and pink eyes, nose and hooves, according to the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. Albinism may be observed in only one in 30,000 deer, the same organization notes on its website.

woman-has-fairy-1080986.jpg

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    I haven't. This is the first time that I was made aware that these even existed. A 19-year-old student spotted an extremely rare all-white deer while on a recent fishing trip with her father. If you ever see one in the wild, please resist the temptation to harvest. They need to be kept safe so they can propagate again.

woman-has-fairy-1080986.jpg
    There used to be some on a road I lived by growing up. They kept them in a fenced in large pen.
    A local idiot I knew as a kid claimed he went and cut it open to "free" them.
    They likely didn't last a week after that sadly enough.

Have not seen an albino whitetail. There are small populations of Fallow deer in our area that can have extremely light coloration. The Whispering Pines/Champion club had a group of them within a high fence many years ago.

Jevaughn

Master
    I know someone who has an albino 9 point on his wall that he killed on private property around Evergreen, AL. His usual taxidermist wouldn't mess with it, and chewed his ass for killing it.

Welldoya

Master
    Some people will shoot anything for bragging rights.
    I hunted for 50 years and gave it up a couple of years ago. Just got old and lost interest.
    Throughout that 50 years, many times I was ashamed of the antics of some people that called themselves hunters.

Jevaughn

Master
    Some people will shoot anything for bragging rights.
    I hunted for 50 years and gave it up a couple of years ago. Just got old and lost interest.
    Throughout that 50 years, many times I was ashamed of the antics of some people that called themselves hunters.
    I concur. My old boss had some land in Camden, AL with some monster deer on it, but his family and their friends who've been running that private hunting club for generations spent decades maintaining the population there and harvesting only cull deer or those who've aged beyond breeding. They managed it well, and their efforts paid off in regards to some truly magnificent whitetail on the property.
    One year, they had an overpopulation of does on the property and my boss invited me and another co-worker to come up and hunt. We were tasked with dropping any doe that was big enough in the hopes we could help get rid of 20-30 over the course of the weekend. First day in the stands and my co-worker sees a young buck with a beautiful spread of antlers aside from them being rather narrow and he blasts it. Never again was anyone in the camp allowed to bring anyone other than family members on such events. We got 28 does over the weekend, but that guy was asked to leave and not come back.

Top Bottom