• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text?r=1&s=1
    Appears they want us to have this license to buy ammo as well.
    Friend passed this on and said that there will also be a 30% tax on firearms to help fund this bill. If it passes it would require a whole new section of government. There will be millions to process. I don't see how it could work. The government can't even handle background checks in a timely manner now, during this coronavirus influx.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    It's a difficult read for a Patriot.

I still don't understand how this kind of blatant Treasonous BS is even tolerated. Just skim through the table of contents to get an idea of the comprehensive authoritarian regime that this "House Resolution" would install.

Those treasonous bastards would have you jumping through bureaucratic red tape and hearings for months just to buy some ammo. Extreme Risk Protection Orders. More firearms bans. More magazine bans. Even some suppressor bans. Restrictions on lawful Citizens carrying a weapon at even more schools. Registration of firearms and owners (through universal background checks plus extensive licensing plus national databases of all of it). Date of manufacture AND a serial number engraved on all firearms AND magazines. The list is infuriatingly long... and, to add more salt to the wounds and feed even more community division: there are Law Enforcement Officer exemptions for almost everything.

The response from other legislators should be "Hell NO to all of it, and stop wasting our time with this UN-American bullshit."

FLT

Master
    They will continue to grant law enforcement exemptions as long as they are useful. People should really read up on hitler and his use of the brown shirts , their retirement plan really sucked. As soon as they weren’t useful he ordered the military to kill most of them.

FrommerStop

Master
    I saw this posted on other sites. These proposals come out all of the time. Normally the big time politicians do not want guns laws to be enacted prior to an election and prior to the election it is not going anywhere. Now after the election and the democrats win the senate and white house all bets are off.
    Yes perhaps it is time to draw your line. Not having immediate family living with me gives a lot more lee way than others if I decide to resist. If you have family and kids with you, they die also.

This is the arse wipe that is the author. It is in a committee right right now last I heard and will only go somewhere when the big shots so wish and I do not think that is now. If worried give money to a pro-gun organization. I just gave to the NRA.

sponsor: Rep. Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [D-GA-4] (Introduced 01/30/2020)
    Committees: House - Judiciary; Energy and Commerce; Ways and Means
    Latest Action: House - 03/10/2020 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. The sponsor from around atlanta Henry Calvin Johnson Jr. is the U.S. Representative for Georgia's 4th congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district is based in DeKalb County, a largely suburban county east of Atlanta. Wikipedia
    Born: October 2, 1954 (age 65 years), Washington, D.C.
    Nationality: American
    Office: Representative (D-GA 4th District) since 2007
    Spouse: Mereda Johnson
    Education: Thurgood Marshall School of Law (1979), Clark College (1976)
    Children: Randi Johnson, Alex Johnson

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    I fought for the American way of life in the past. I damn sure will do it again.
    (Like Don sez.) --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    There is no grandfathering. You'd have to register everything you have to be legal.

You have to register everything or else. What is the else. Of course I am an exception, but I am sure that that most of us here have more than one firearm that is untraceable. For those purchased through a dealer they will likely spend what ever it takes to digitize those records. Another possibility is that they will size the sales records of every company that sells ammo, accessories and with algorithms get a pretty good idea what we all are shooting and just plain come to your house for a search and seize operation. They could also analyzed what we post on line. If the second amendment is invalidated, why not disregard the rest of bill of rights and the whole constitution of the USA.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Even if you have that hidden gem, what will you do with it? Can't take it anywhere. Hopefully you live on a big piece of property and can shoot it willingly. Until theynhearnit or neighbor calls it in. It could get really ugly. Hopefully this is just us taking back and forth and nothing comes of it.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I already know my line.

For instance, in the case of an intruder in my home, I've already had a conversation with it the moment I see it. How? Well:

There is the fact that my home does not look like anyone else's. My cars probably don't look like theirs. My front porch area has the security system sign staked in the ground. My exterior cameras are visible. My doors are locked and deadbolted all the time. My windows are locked. This is me telling the world: "This is not your property, and uninvited strangers are not welcome here."
    By completely disregarding those warnings/signs/indications, an intruder is telling me "I don't understand common social boundaries, and/or I don't care about yours."

Next, once an intrusion occurs, my alarm system will most likely be going off. My dogs will be making their presence known. Heck, they may or may not see me and my family right away. That is me telling an intruder: "This is not your property, and uninvited strangers are definitely not welcome inside."

By continuing to enter the property, and not doing everything possible to verbally explain his/her mistake and make like the most non-threatening posture possible, the intruder is telling me: "even with your locks, cameras, alarms, and dogs, I am STILL gonna stay here and do what I want to do... INSIDE YOUR HOME."

At that point, what more needs to be spoken? I've "said" my piece, and the intruder said theirs. I am under ZERO obligation to continue to put myself and my family at risk to make "triple-sure"...

Same goes for anyone else, regardless of what uniform they wear, or who underwrites their paycheck.
    My Rights are inalienable. My home is MY property.

I am not a criminal. I am not a threat to my self, my family, my neighbors, or my beloved Nation.
    I refuse to be treated as such, and I will defend, violently if necessary, my Right to exist in Freedom.

These constant threats against our rights will one day be the last straw, and some wall-to-wall counseling sessions will become inevitable.

FrommerStop

Master
    Even if you have that hidden gem, what will you do with it? Can't take it anywhere. Hopefully you live on a big piece of property and can shoot it willingly. Until theynhearnit or neighbor calls it in. It could get really ugly. Hopefully this is just us taking back and forth and nothing comes of it.

Both you and snakes eyes
    These constant threats against our rights will one day be the last straw, and some wall-to-wall counseling sessions will become inevitable.
    Make very good points.

If the gun is contraband, it must be hidden from the authorities. The point is if you register a gun, you can still use it legally and still have the hidden one when they finally come for the registered guns. And when you absolutely can not own a gun registered or not is when the 'wall to wall counseling might occur. Hard to do wall to wall counseling if your registered guns are seized.

Of course all of this is conjecture and I have no plans to break any laws current or future of our great union.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    What ever you do, remember police like to have the odds on their side.

Waco, Texas
    tanks1.jpg

Nearest to farthest we have:

M88 Armored Recovery Vehicle. This is like a tow truck for tanks.

M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank. One or two were there. I can't readily find a picture showing two together so it could be "tank at waco" instead of "tanks".

The last two are M2 or M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicles. Neither has the 25mm gun mounted. If they are M2 they are infantry transports, if they are M3 they are cavalry scout vehicles.

Also used, but not shown in this pic is the M728 Combat Engineer's Vehicle. This is almost a tank. It is an M60A1 Main Battle Tank with the 105mm main gun swapped for a snub-nosed 165mm gun. A crane A-frame is mounted to the turret. This at least started life off as a tank, but it's not really one anymore. This is the vehicle shown in several videos spraying something from the top of that A-frame into the building and ramming the walls. Wikipedia says that five were used during the siege. https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2011/04/tanks-at-waco.html

wildrider666

Master
    I tried the Link and several independent searches for HR 5717 and can't get one to open. Links to opposition to the proposed Bill open fine. Official .gov Links must be getting hammered with bored self quarantine gun owners.

I have no doubt that reading anti gun politicians plans for new restrictions and threats to my liberties, would just piss me off. I really don't give a damn what it says.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Best we can do is write our representatives. I've written Gaetz three times now about this bill.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    disturbing, but when I saw the sponsor, I don't think this will ever fly;

After debating the exact size of Guam for a full minute with a military commander before concluding that it is "a small island," U.S. Representative Hank Johnson reveals his fear: that more U.S. troops will cause Guam to "tip over" and sink into the ocean.

he is a blithering idiot, and should be sued for using resources needed for others.. like oxygen, food etc

ewgannaway

Expert
    Now is good time, especially if you are stuck at home due to workplace restrictions, to let your elected representatives know your position on this and any other legislative matter. If you aren't sure who your representatives are, this web site will show you based on your address:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/FL#representatives

I wrote the following message to my district's representative:

I hope this finds you and your family in good health and high spirits. I know we as a nation and as a world are focused (and rightfully so) on stopping the spread of COVID-19 before it truly becomes disastrous. I am confident we will overcome this challenge because I know what we as a nation can accomplish when the stakes are high. As a 30 year US Air Force veteran, I personally witnessed the effects of our national resolve when facing an adversary and I believe we will beat this one as well.

Once that is accomplished, we will recover from the harm done and life will go on and that is why I am writing to you - the life we will have after. I want the freedoms I enjoy now to continue in the time after we put COVID-19 behind us. Of particular concern is the recently proposed HR5717, Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020. It is yet another attempt by the democrats to restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens and I am extremely appalled at their timing in trying to sneak this through during a time of global crisis. The verbiage contained within this bill is an egregious violation of the second amendment and I implore you to use all influence at your disposal to ensure it is stopped.

FamilyFirst

Shooter
    "To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives."

So clearly this bill is upsetting and plans on infringing upon the law abiding citizens rights to own firearms and ammunition. But something, I think, in this bill that we can all agree upon is to "end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities" in a way that doesn't take away American citizens rights?

The tough question is …. how?

I'd be shocked if this bill passes in our current system.

FrommerStop

Master
    "To end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening Federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives."

So clearly this bill is upsetting and plans on infringing upon the law abiding citizens rights to own firearms and ammunition. But something, I think, in this bill that we can all agree upon is to "end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities" in a way that doesn't take away American citizens rights?

The tough question is …. how?

I'd be shocked if this bill passes in our current system.
    I certainly do not agree with this at all " "end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities"

So you think we have an epidemic of 'gun violence'. So guns are running around committing violence in our communities. A tough question! no. Can not be done period.

Most homicides are committed by humans using handguns that is not the major focus of the above mentioned bill. But they always want to go after assault weapons. The majority of homicides are suicides by the way and not murders.

In the United States, suicides outnumber homicides almost two to one. Perhaps the real tragedy behind suicide deaths—about 30000 a year, one for every..

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom