• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    For me the value of the Garand is that the antigunners are not as much against it since it only holds 8 shots. But they are not cheap to shoot these days. Ammunition back in 60's was cheap, but that is no longer true. You also want ammo loaded to military pressure curves unless you put on after markets parts to the gas system.
    More for the plus side is that one can also compete in NRA matches with it and it is owning a piece of Americana. Otherwise it was cutting edge in 1930's and still pretty good in the 1940's and for military uses was obsolete by the 1950's.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Boy wouldn't it be great if the ban on reimport of M1 Grandes was lifted?
    I picked up two through the CMP. One Winchester and a Springfield. One came from Anniston and one from Red River. The serial numbers and the Barrel dates coincide to late WWII. I have not checked all the interior pieces and parts to see if they match the manufacturer. They are not mint but are mighty fine. There is a organization entitled Garand Collectors Association. Their magazine has an abundance of information, plus weapons for sale. A $25.00 membership connects you to the CMP. Watch that thumb!

Top Bottom