• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    I think it's just the start of something big if they keep trying to infringe on our second amendment rights.

Idoono

Master
    It is so sad that it has come to this. What ever happened to politicians who put the good of the country first. It seems like they have all forgotten the lessons learned in previous wars and the way that dictators have come to power. I am afraid and ashamed to say it but I firmly believe Obama would like to be dictator. He is trying to do through presidential decree what congress has refused to do. The 3 Per-centers do exist and you will not know who they are until they are needed.

Idoono

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    What is w the Al address at the end, is this really Stanley? Nah he could never write that well....

M.O.A.

Master
    In my humble opinion you couldn't get enough people to stand together in this country to threaten a hot dog stand. If the populace won't vote they sure as hell won't fight. All this sounds really good until SWAT kicks in your door at 0300 and your life as well as the safety of your family hangs in the balance. Ask the people at Waco or Ruby ridge how that scenario plays out. Individual resistance will certainly be a failure, group resistance will perhaps give them pause but will almost certainly end badly. If armed resistance is the end game then it will have to be of such scope and scale as to overwhelm the system and organized to military precision. Anything less will just get the participants shot in their beds. A revolution of patriots at the ballot box would be infinitely more effective....and just as unlikely.

hollywood

Shooter
    In my humble opinion you couldn't get enough people to stand together in this country to threaten a hot dog stand. If the populace won't vote they sure as hell won't fight. All this sounds really good until SWAT kicks in your door at 0300 and your life as well as the safety of your family hangs in the balance. Ask the people at Waco or Ruby ridge how that scenario plays out. Individual resistance will certainly be a failure, group resistance will perhaps give them pause but will almost certainly end badly. If armed resistance is the end game then it will have to be of such scope and scale as to overwhelm the system and organized to military precision. Anything less will just get the participants shot in their beds. A revolution of patriots at the ballot box would be infinitely more effective....and just as unlikely.

absolutly. couldn't have been put any better. it is gonna take an ORGANIZED effort to accomplish anything worth doing.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The people of the Ukraine got rid of their corrupt president and look at us, nothing, no protests, nothing!

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    It's because all the people these days are so brain washed and too indulged in their electronics and watching reality tv they don't care what happens. People don't even sit out on their porches anymore. They are all glued to the tv and computer games. If anyone believes that the government hasn't had a part in all this is either stupid or too brainwashed to be of any use.

Seanpcola

I agree about the dumb masses but gun owners might deserve more credit. From what I'm seeing for every one on a gun forum talking about what they will do there are a lot more keeping their mouth shut, not posting intentions all over the public domain but hardening their resolve.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    We all have IP's, anyone can find you, the internet is not the place to state intentions.

Fletch

Master
    I had to laugh at one of comments to the article that said "how do you fit your balls in your pants". I'm not sure if it's balls or stupidity to be honest but I think MOA hit the nail on the head. The article mentioned 3000 "resistors" and only 250 enforcement officers to do raids but they would just systematicaly take them out one by one if they wanted to. They could have 25 10 man teams and knock out 25 resistors a day having them taken care of in 3 to 4 months.

Droshki

Master
    Whereas if they were to band together, 3000 armed people, in one even moderately defensible location, it would take an army of 10,000 to dig them out.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter

Sadly, I agree with you.
    I see lots of people saying they don't believe that local law enforcement or even the military would turn on their own people. The ones that say that need to read up on the Battle of Blair Mountain, WV. Coal miners were protesting for fair wages and better working conditions. The local sheriff in cahoots with the mine owners turned on the coal miners with hired thugs. The governor requested help from the president who sent an army general down who told the miners "the army would “snuff them out” if they did not end the march". The miners backed down and started leaving and the sheriff's men began shooting the miners as they left. Of course, this pissed off the miners and they came back looking for blood. General Billy Mitchell used Army planes to spy on the movement of the miners. President Harding sent in US troops. The leader of the miners told his men to go home to prevent a bloodbath. In the aftermath, 985 miners were indicted and tried for charges including murder and treason against the state of West Virginia. There are tons of articles, books, and a movie about The Battle of Blair Mountain. Remember, history repeats itself.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2013/08/this-day-in-labor-history-august-25-1921

Top Bottom