Is 525 too much to pay for a plain glock 17 gen 3 long slide almost new?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottt44

Shooter
    I really like it but dont want to get ripped off.I dont trade so a few bucks aint all that.Would be my first handgun and hopefully my last.Its a pawn shop so thought I'd ask here...thnx.I dont want a compact and like the long barrel cause I suck at pistol shooting.

shadeogray

Master
    Yes

I really like it but dont want to get ripped off.I dont trade so a few bucks aint all that.Would be my first handgun and hopefully my last.Its a pawn shop so thought I'd ask here...thnx.I dont want a compact and like the long barrel cause I suck at pistol shooting.

A plain used Glock 17 Gen3 $460.00 max is what I would shoot for.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/46024...e--glock-17-gen-3-with-3-mags--great-condtion

check www.Gunbroker.com also. $525.00 pffft!

Glock 17 is a very good choice though. But too big in general for CCW. You would do better with a Glock 19 or smaller for CCW and a 19 is still a bit chunky in that respect. What are you looking to do with it?

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    $ 425-$450 all day long for a used stock Gen3 17. Don't pay a dime more.

Is it a 17 or 17L?

shadeogray

Master
    Get a Glock 17 then, or a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 You sound like you may need a revolver because of its ease of use. Regardless you should go to a range with your weapon and practice with it, don't just buy it and toss it in a drawer and expect to be able to use it effectively when the need arises. The S&W 686 is a 7 shot revolver that can also fire a .38 special keeping your ammo cost low when practicing and use 357 defense rounds in it when not practicing.

Last edited:

shadeogray

Master

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Its a fair price for a long slide.

Yep. 17L's bring a slightly higher price than normal 17's. You can certainly find them lower than $525 on occasion, but you'll be looking for a while and they won't be available for long.

I also agree with the others about a normal 17. You should be able to get one for around $450.

scott44, here is a photo that compares the 2 models:

image002.jpg

MAXman

Master
    The 17l should come with a lighter tigger and adjustable sights, 525$ is how much I sold mine for a little while back.
    I don't think that would be my first choice for a first pistol/only pistol. But you could do much, much worse.

A 686 would be awesome, but I have never seen one in a shop for 525$. The new ones are 7 shots, the old ones 6, and the learning curve for a revolver is steeper. Model 10/64 are fairly easy to find and I've seen them go for as little as 300$. But I must warn you, double actions ate not a instinctual(pick up and use) trigger. They require practice and technique in order to hit something with.

17l reminds me of bobba fett btw.

scottt44

Shooter
    Yep...exactly like the top one.The L isnt all that to me other than longer is easier to aim for me and I don't carry.It was the only gen 3 he had as well.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Found a gen4 g17 fde at gander for $499, looked brand new. Just fyi

poff09

Marksman
    I don't think 525 for a 17L is a terrible deal..but like JW just pointed out you can find brand new 17 for less..but since you mentioned its at a pawn store I highly doubt it's a firm price if you get what I'm saying

wildrider666

Master
    http://gunwatcher.com/ Is a good place to to check prices on new and used firearms for sale. It lists Retail and Auction listings. Just fill in the search block.

I think the price is great for a G17L gen2/3 in execellent condition. A good deal if it has light wear but no dings. G17Ls barrel is 1.54 longer then a G17. It fits buyers intended use. Longer sight radius, reliability and ease of operation all a plus.

I wish there was a Glock 22L.

Gunwatcher.com

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Ever thought about getting a S&W M&P? You can get them new at budsgunshop.com for $439 (might be able to find them for less) and have it sent to one of the FFL around here that don't charge to much. Great company to deal with an amazing warranty.

Last edited:

ChrisC

Master
    Yep...exactly like the top one.The L isnt all that to me other than longer is easier to aim for me and I don't carry.It was the only gen 3 he had as well.

Go pick it up and enjoy the heck out of it. The 6" slide is a sweet shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom