• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Rick

Marksman
    Item. Manufactured in 1972 Ithaca featherlite. Shot very little. 2 3/4 chamber

Locationpensacola, west side

Contact Infopm or email. skcrick@gmail.com

Price. $400.00image.jpg

Item Description

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      913.5 KB · Views: 219

Rick

Marksman
    Slam-fire capable?
    Should I be embarrassed to say that after 20 years in the military, I have no idea what "slam fire" means?
    If it wasn't standard on the original gun from the manufacturer, then probably not.

Jackson

Shooter
    Should I be embarrassed to say that after 20 years in the military, I have no idea what "slam fire" means?
    If it wasn't standard on the original gun from the manufacturer, then probably not.

From what google just told me, it's a premature, often unintended, discharge of the weapon when a round is being loaded into the chamber, most commonly happening on military firearms with a free floating firing pin.

MAXman

Master
    In this case, I believe the question refers to the ability of the shotgun to discharge once returned to battery, if the trigger was depressed as the pump is cycled.

The theory is, I believe, that one holds the trigger and simply cycles the action, causing the shotgun to fire as the actio closes. Allowing rapid(if not very accurate) firing. Many older shotgun designs allow this type of firing. He was asking if you knew this one would.

If you are wondering, you could ensure the chamber and magazine are free of live rounds, close the action, pull the trigger, keep it pulled to the rear, and cycle the action. If you cannot discern the firing pin drop over the noise, check by: Once the pump is forward and action closed, release the trigger and try to pull it again. If the weapon does not dry fire, one could assume it released the firing pin once the action was closed, and is capable of "slam fire", when used In this context. At least, that's how I understood the question.

Rick

Marksman
    In this case, I believe the question refers to the ability of the shotgun to discharge once returned to battery, if the trigger was depressed as the pump is cycled.

The theory is, I believe, that one holds the trigger and simply cycles the action, causing the shotgun to fire as the actio closes. Allowing rapid(if not very accurate) firing. Many older shotgun designs allow this type of firing. He was asking if you knew this one would.

If you are wondering, you could ensure the chamber and magazine are free of live rounds, close the action, pull the trigger, keep it pulled to the rear, and cycle the action. If you cannot discern the firing pin drop over the noise, check by: Once the pump is forward and action closed, release the trigger and try to pull it again. If the weapon does not dry fire, one could assume it released the firing pin once the action was closed, and is capable of "slam fire", when used In this context. At least, that's how I understood the question.
    Tried this. The trigger stays depressed and only clicks on the first cycle. So probably not slam fire capable.

MAXman

Master
    The only way to know for sure is with a box of slugs, an open field and a table top of milk jugs.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Sorry for confusion, ithaca's and trenchguns are the most common that do, silly and inaccurate, but fun concept.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom