• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Nice, I hope he sees this thread then! The idea of having a carbine that can handle the same ammo and mags I have for my pistols is a very appealing prospect.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Good luck finding one priced decent.. Ive been looking for almost 5 months now...

joe

Master
    From the online videos I have seen they look like a pain in the ass to clean but I prefer to clean my guns after every range trip. Most do not.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    What are they going for?

Theyve come down a bit now within the past month or so.. At the height of all this bullshit they were going anywhere between 1000-1200 on Gunbroker. They look like theyve been coming down a bit now, around 800.. I believe msrp on them was like 569 before.. Im still gonna wait it out a bit to see if they cone down a bit more.. I shot one a few nonths ago at the range on quintette that a guy had and it was a blast.. Super accurate as well

CCC23

Marksman
    Jays in Pensacola had one as of last Saturday. (I think around 800-850ish range)
    I love mine in 9mm. 1000rds or so, no issues.

kendive

Master
    Yea I got the Beratta Storm in 9mm it's the 92 version and uses the same mags as my 92F.

Last edited:

Scrooge

Marksman
    JohnnyRuger,
    I have a JR carbine in 9mm. Excellent quality; never had any issues. It's very accurate and they use any Glock mag.
    Take down is typical of any AR type platform... after a few times, it is no problem. They are fully ambidextrious; can easily place charging handle and ejector plate on either side. I use a red dot sight and it stays dead on.
    I highly recommend them; I love having a rifle that fires the same ammo as my carry pistol.
    Also, kits from JR are available to convert any of them to 9mm, .40 or .45. Takes about 20 minutes to swap over; everything drops into place and the conversions are less than $300... You do need a good AR armorer wrench but take down is simple and relatively fast.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Yea I got the Beratta Storm in 9mm it's the 92 version and uses the same mags as my 92F but I would have bought the Just Right in 9 otherwise.

Here are the pic of my Just Right .45 that I promised.

20130425_172609_zpsadb1446a.jpg

20130425_172645_zpsedbe3347.jpg

Nice rifle Ken! I love mine (9mm). I like the fact that for just under $300 we can change to 9mm, .40 or .45!
    Yours looks great! I'll have to post a pic of mine soon...

Scrooge

Marksman
    What are they going for?

Wildcardace, I haven't priced them in the last year or so but Jay's had them for about 800. You should be able to pick one up for between 650 and 850...
    I love mine - it's a keeper!

joe

Master
    It would be great if you would tell us which one you prefer & why? Which is more accurate?

My biggest concern with the JR is cleaning. Looks like a pain in the ass.

Yea I got the Beratta Storm in 9mm it's the 92 version and uses the same mags as my 92F but I would have bought the Just Right in 9 otherwise.

Here are the pic of my Just Right .45 that I promised.

20130425_172609_zpsadb1446a.jpg

20130425_172645_zpsedbe3347.jpg

Swayback

Shooter
    My local gun dealer has a few of these in different calibers. I will check pricing on them next time I go. I'm in MS though.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Joe, the cleaning is a bit of a pain but not bad after you get the drill down.
    Yep JR, the 9mm is accurate and fast! I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

joe

Master
    Thanks for the feedback. I will have get myself a pistol carbene one of these days.

GregG

Expert
    I have one in 45acp that takes glock mags it is awesome to shoot i zeroed mine at 1oo yards and it holds sub moa groups. it breaks down much like an ar 15 when you clean it, you will need an ar15 wrench to tear it down. i have put around 2000 round through mine and the only malfunction was 1 FTF on the first mag fired wright out of the box. Cant say enough good about the rifle especially if you are looking for a companion to a glock.

Top Bottom