• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Before you post a picture of your gun in the for sale or elsewhere observe other peoples pictures observe the background coloring of the good pictures versus the background coloring of the dark bad pictures it makes a big difference other people with advice please add

J pace

Marksman
    If you want to show all the flaws in the bluing take the picture in the sunlight

Attachments

• 20210119_114708.jpg
      20210119_114708.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 120

J pace

Marksman
    If you want to hide the flaws in your gun take the picture in a darkroom on a white background

Attachments

• 20180805_193531.jpg
      20180805_193531.jpg
      718.6 KB · Views: 113

Raven

Master
    Don't post pictures of guns laying flat on your floor. Grosses me right the heck out. Dog crap, dog pee, people pee from bathrooms and kids with dirty diapers and all manner of crap diseases and viruses from public restrooms and gas stations getting tracked in from who knows where on the families shoes... nevermind the beer, spaghetti and household cleaners. I do not take a second look at an ad if I see anything I'd care about laying on the floor.

J pace

Marksman
    A well-lit room with the gun on a dark background generally takes a good picture just watch your angles so you don't get glare

Attachments

• 20200925_104930_001.jpg
      20200925_104930_001.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 114

Raven

Master
    You want to talk about scarred for life... a technologically challenged coworker (born and raised in the North Woods and never got further south than Midcoast) was trying to sell something and didnt realize that the picture as shown on his phone could be expanded on the receiving end's phone, to where the edges could be expanded another half foot or so if they clicked on the picture, and he accidentally sent a picture of his "gun" along with his rifle

Last edited:
    A well-lit room with the gun on a dark background generally takes a good picture just watch your angles so you don't get glare
    Upside-down guns?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Don't post pictures of guns laying flat on your floor. Grosses me right the heck out. Dog crap, dog pee, people pee from bathrooms and kids with dirty diapers and all manner of crap diseases and viruses from public restrooms and gas stations getting tracked in from who knows where on the families shoes... nevermind the beer, spaghetti and household cleaners. I do not take a second look at an ad if I see anything I'd care about laying on the floor.
    Do you walk in your home with bare feet or lay in the floor? Lol

Peep my new 938 grips.
    No way! That is too funny. I hope the gentlemen found light of the situation, that is a real mental scar though.

J pace

Marksman
    We all can learn from others suggestions I never thought it would be a problem if the gun was upside down as long as it was a clear picture now I know better

Raven

Master
    Do you walk in your home with bare feet or lay in the floor? Lol
    I try not to. My boots come off at the door, or like 5 steps later, max. Also, my feet dont corrode if theres corrosive stuff on them, like piss, gas or beer. Guns will. And nope you will never ever catch me laying on the floor. And it didn't used to be like this. Only recently in the last 6 or 7 years, after learning what road salt can do to prized possessions, and working on pipe jobs, and in an ER with puke and blood getting tracked everywhere and out the door and down the road

Last edited:

J pace

Marksman
    It's not hard to get the right picture if you know what people like and don't like

Attachments

• 20210328_125355.jpg
      20210328_125355.jpg
      3.1 MB · Views: 95

FLT

Master
    Well, it says stain less not stain proof.

MauserLarry

Master
    damn Raven, you done got me scared to leave the house!!!!! :)

Top Bottom