• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Yesterday a friend from this forum came over and he and I hit quite a few of the gun shops in the P'cola area. The following are the results. Any questions about what we saw,pls post here and I/we will try to answer. this is not an endorsement or condemnation of any of the below businesses.

Mike's (Hwy.29) -----> Tons of black guns. Several chambered in 22LR. Howa heavy bbl'ed actions. Lots of the Map-Pul stuff. Good supply of 30rd mags. No 20's (???). Better supply of factory loaded ammo than I have seen in a long time. Extremely limited supply of powders. Some great looking heavy bbl'ed bolt guns. A few Ruger 10/22's. A black/stainless Ruger MINI-14. The same overpriced clothing. One Savage bolt gun(obviously designed to be fired from bi-pod chambered in 338Lapua. Tons of pistols and revos.(Glock,Kahr,S&W,etc,etc.) A few 1911's. High end scopes. As usual,no used guns. Friendly enough staff. Pretty lady at front counter.(added bonus) $50 transfers(OUCH !!)

Jay's (Garden St.) -----> Black guns up the WAZOO !! A few complete lowers in both sizes. A few complete uppers,all in 5.56 except one chambered in 6.8SPC and one(IIRC) in 300BO. Some great bolt guns including FN's,Steyr's, Savage,Rem,etc,etc. A NEF chambered in 300BO with threaded muzzle(would love to have this...BUT...$399.95...OUCH !!) All kinds of pistols/revos. A few used guns. Some Mag-Pul stuff(mags,sights,etc.)in different colors. Higher end blades. Ammo buy the case(seemed kinda high though). Sights and scopes...all of the higher quality. Some thermal(FLIR and ATN). Friendly staff. Phil is still above dirt and still gunsmithin".

Pensacola Lock and Gun (Garden St.) -----> Same ol'-same ol'. Rick was gone to lunch so nobody knew nutin'. NO guns for sale. Tons of guns awaiting work or completed. Cat was MIA.

Academy -----> A "good supply" of black guns. That $1099 DPMS 308 was still in the rack. A SIG chambered in 7.62X39 was still there also(interesting ??). Then the normal number of bolt guns,shotguns,and for you shotgun-pistol fans...5 or 6 of the Taurus' whatchamacallits,including one with a 3" cylinder and a couple of the polymer(plastic)models. NEF single shots in 444Marlin,45-70,and 500S&W. I already have all three so I passed. Yeti coolers with a ATM machine standing next to them. Behind the counter staff(associates)still would rather grab-bass than help the customers. And when they do...they usually don't know crap about crap. CAUTION(!)....NEVER(EVER)ask them a technical question about a firearm. GREAT scope display. They are mounted on gun stock thingy's and you can actually look thru them without having to chase down an .....uh.....associate(grab-bass'er). They had one lone Zeiss,Leupold,Weaver,Nikon,Burris,and a couple of the lower prices models. Not so good supply of factory ammo unless you were looking for 6.5X55 or 30-30Win. They did have some of the cheaper 44mag.

Did not go to Buck & Bass or Uber's.

All in all it looks to me like things are coming back to (kinda) normal. I feel that we will never see the <$600 AR's or the price of ammo come back down. I do believe it will come down from here a little though. NOW........I'll be waiting to see what the people that bought 6 AR's 3 months ago will do with them. Same with the people that bought thousands of rds of ammo at the inflated prices. TAKE THAT YOU GOUGER !!!!!!!!!!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha !!! --- SAWMAN :caked:

fishingjean

Master
    Loved reading that, an yea maybe things will get better later, cant wait for hunt season to get here!!!!!Denny

HEIST

Master
    Ive got a buddy looking for a Marlin 795 .22 (his first rifle), did you happen to notice any of them around??

Famine

Master
    Mike's has two Thermal Optics - very cool - very expensive. 1 is $6K and the other is $8K.

Last time I was there they had the Ruger 10/22s with flash suppressor/threaded barrels on sale - ask, and they had one that was a take down model. Had 3rd party 30 rd mags for them too.

Shley65

Expert
    Thanks Bill, I need to check on that 3 aught - 3 aught ammo .

SAWMAN

Master
    Heist, seems that they did have one in Mike's. Give 'em a call.
    Famine, you are absolutely right. They did have a couple different ATN models of thermal in Mike's. Down between the scopes and blades.
    Shley, they also has some of the turdie-turdie Hog Slayer load. Pricy also.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Good points on all stores Sawman, especially the gun "pros" at academy. I stopped by buck n bass yesterday and picked up some small pistol primers. Good selection of both guns n ammo, a little higher $ than others but not crazy. Friendly staff, and knowledgeable.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ksenter

Master
    why must you tease???

buying a gunsafe before anything else. Tired of leaving the house wondering if they'll be there when I get home.

SAWMAN

Master
    Smart move Kenny. The priorities seem to be in order.

Good Shootin'. --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    why must you tease???

buying a gunsafe before anything else. Tired of leaving the house wondering if they'll be there when I get home.

You should also invest in a security system if you don't already have one, helps tremendously with the peace of mind factor.

Famine

Master
    Security systems are a great addition. The new ones do not depend on a land line to notify the monitoring center they are using cellular communications which will prevent cutting the phone line as a way to disable the alert. That's how they broke into the South Santa Rosa County Offices - cut the line.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Security systems are a great addition. The new ones do not depend on a land line to notify the monitoring center they are using cellular communications which will prevent cutting the phone line as a way to disable the alert. That's how they broke into the South Santa Rosa County Offices - cut the line.

Yep, the cell option is a must IMO, that and motion sensors... everywhere :D. Still trying to work the kinks out of my pressure activated trap door leading to a bottomless pit too.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Alarm system is a must. I installed my own, installed the cell dialer, and then called up a local provider to monitor it.

Jon

Expert
    Went to Buck & Bass this morning. Didn't really look at ammo but they seemed to have a decent supply. The lady told me they're up to their necks in .308 so those are unlimited as opposed to the 1 box per caliber per customer rule they have with all others. There was a nice supply of pistols; a couple of 9mm Shields and lots of Glocks, and they just got a KSG. It was nice to finally see and hold one in person. They had it priced at 800-something.

SAWMAN

Master
    They have one at Jay's in P'cola. --- SAWMAN

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Gotta say, Buck & Bass is a great store. Every time I've been there the staff has been attentive, nice and know what they are talking about. Glad to see things are getting back to normal. Look for another rush on ammo if the Dems get their 'do-over' and look for CCW to be brought into question with the Zimmerman/Saint Trayvon trial coming up.

Members online

Top Bottom