• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5lima30ret

Master
    I have noticed over the years there have been a few members who "Ghost" anyone who responds to their post of stuff for sale. If you don't want sell your stuff don't use the forum's for sale section! I understand life happens but at least have the courtesy to respond in 24-48 hrs! :mad: Also if an item is sold mark it as such! End of rant.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    I have noticed over the years there have been a few members who "Ghost" anyone who responds to their post of stuff for sale. If you don't want sell your stuff don't use the forum's for sale section! I understand life happens but at least have the courtesy to respond in 24-48 hrs! :mad: Also if an item is sold mark it as such! End of rant.
    Good rant

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I agree 100%. As a seller I try to be extremely responsive to buyer inquiries...I just wish that the 'buyers' would do the same. In the past week I've been jerked around by at least 3 different potential buyers who either don't respond at all after their initial 'I'll take it' or 'I'm interested,' or they want to get the item in a week or two weeks, or want me to drive 50 miles to sell an item I offered at a loss.

If you are trying to sell an item you should be responsive to inquires...if you respond to a for sale ad you should be prepared to come and get it. In each case I described, either the forum shows that my PMs were read, or I sent text messages that certainly 'should' have been read. If you don't have the time to follow through on a sale, don't list it...if you don't have time to complete a deal, don't contact the buyer. Wow, I'm happy to get that off my chest.

5lima30ret

Master
    I agree 100%. As a seller I try to be extremely responsive to buyer inquiries...I just wish that the 'buyers' would do the same. In the past week I've been jerked around by at least 3 different potential buyers who either don't respond at all after their initial 'I'll take it' or 'I'm interested,' or they want to get the item in a week or two weeks, or want me to drive 50 miles to sell an item I offered at a loss.

If you are trying to sell an item you should be responsive to inquires...if you respond to a for sale ad you should be prepared to come and get it. In each case I described, either the forum shows that my PMs were read, or I sent text messages that certainly 'should' have been read. If you don't have the time to follow through on a sale, don't list it...if you don't have time to complete a deal, don't contact the buyer. Wow, I'm happy to get that off my chest.
    ^^^Agree completely!^^^

I agree for the most part, but, if I already have someone on "ignore", and they post a question indicating how much they know about my item for sale, and I can tell they have no interest in buying the item, no response from me. Sorry.

added: I'm not sure if it is possible to receive notification of PM from ignored members? I would respond to a PM even if ignored.

FLT

Master
    A man’s word doesn’t mean much , these days. It’s a shame, but that is just the way it is. If you’re selling something and the potential buyer doesn’t respond within 24 hours then I believe you’re justified in reposting it, or just moving on to the next person in line.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Well , lets not forget the "post whores" / "recital officials " that will either post or PM "Is this still available" , and the seller never heard from them again. OR , the same class of person that will post "your price is to high, I can buy them all day long. I call them "low ballers" they have no intention of buying , just being a post whore , trying to start some some back and forth for nothing more that ?????

FLT

Master
    I can think of one individual that post a lot of nonsense in folks for sale adds , I never considered that he was a post whore. You just might be on to something .

Last edited:
    I can think of one individual that’s post a lot of nonsense in folks for sale adds , I never considered that he was a post whore. You just might be on to something .
    Reminded me to bump one of my ads. Thanks

Reactions: FLT

IronBeard

Master
    A man’s word doesn’t mean much , these days. It’s a shame, but that is just the way it is. If you’re selling something and the potential buyer doesn’t respond within 24 hours then I believe you’re justified in reposting it, or just moving on to the next person in line.
    Pretty much where I'm at. I've had some good selling experiences on here, and I've had others that pretty much blotted those out. That ended me in the position where I'm now selling by word of mouth, with a here being a maybe back-up. Not happy it came to that, but, as they say, it is what it is.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    I'd like to add that the vast majority of my transactions here have been smooth and uneventful. I've met some fine gentlemen and I'll likely continue to offer items.
    I get ya. I too, had good experiences. Not a fan of the 'ignore' feature. I've only ignored one person over multiple forums, because that's what he asked me to do.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter

Tire kickers who haven't gotten their paycheck yet, and when they do get it, the wife says no or bills come in. I like to refer to it as Facebook Marketplace mentality. When they see it they want it and think interest holds their place in line. Once reality kicks in they know it was just a thought and it is easier to ghost you that come up with a plausible excuse. People are getting too use to being a phantom behind the keyboard, but we become more like a family that a big facebook group does.
    I believe it is too late to do much about other that quit trying to sell / buy items online or simply put up with it.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    is this thread still available? just had a doode tell me how much he wanted for an item, i responded that i'd take it at like 9pm. got msg next morning item was sold for asking to someone else because it was easier. new joiner...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    I told you that I will not trade my items for your naked pictures, and you sent them anyway!

No one wants to see that!
    nobody said anything about naked pictures as trade... with or without tails?

Top Bottom