• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/cops-accidentally-shoot-two-bystanders-while-trying-to-subdue-man/

I think they may need to rethink Bloomberg's theory of not letting them have to much range time so officers won't look to solve problems by shooting first. How bout they make them competent enough to hit their targets. The "perp" looked to be a huge man and with only 3 shots fired they hit two bystanders, one on a walker, and miss him completely. I know heat of the moment an all but there seems to be a pattern here with the NYPD. He was eventually taken down with a taser.

I'm not so sure that NYPD shouldn't just follow Britain's lead and disarm their streetcops and leave the guns for a select few who have demonstrated an acceptable level of competency if this is the best they can do. It's no wonder all these New York liberals think it's absurd for average folks to carry and think it would just wind up with more innocents being shot by the "good guys". They believe these cops are "highly trained" and can't get hits under stress not realizing a well trained and practiced CCW holder would shoot circles around the average NYPD beat cop.

I don't know why but seeing that bystander sprawled out on the sidewalk with one hand clutching the walker made me laugh. Sick sense of humor I guess. One cop just standing over her and what appears to be fireman reaching for her walker that she is desperately clinging onto to. Couldn't someone at least kneel down with her and offer some comfort? Poor ole Theodora survived and was seen exiting the hospital with her lawyer so I won't feel to sorry for her since the NYPD will be writing her a 7 figure check for letting Barney Fife leave the station with more than one bullet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom