Obama Strikes: New Gun Control Measures...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master

Gravity3694

Expert
    Its an executive action not an executive order. Executive numbers are much more official and are printed in the federal register. This is more or less a suggestion at the moment. Keep in mind that individual agencies like the ATF can propose changes on their own though.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep. He is trying to block those tens of thousands of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines that Korea wants us to buy back. It's a shame but they will probably all end up being melted down as scrap.

flyandscuba

Master
    I predict an end to the CMP under Obama's administration...

He and his minions probably have no clue of its existence. Rest assured - if King Obama knew that the Federal Government was providing free arms and ammo to the CMP - to sell at bargain prices to shooting & gun enthusiasts (US Citizens), it would have been killed by the "sequester".

I am so glad that my minty 2/55 HRA M1 with LMR barrel didn't sell at the gun show this past weekend!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I predict an end to the CMP under Obama's administration...

I have been expecting that. A buddy of mine just ordered an M1 with six month delivery. He is having a stroke tonight.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    found this

"Title XVI of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1996 (Public Law 104-106, 10 February 1996) created the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice & Firearms Safety (CPRPFS) to take over administration and promotion of the CMP.[2] The CPRPFS is a tax-exempt non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation chartered by the U.S. Congress, but is not an agency of the U.S. government (Title 36, United States Code, Section 40701 et seq.). Apart from a donation of surplus .22 and .30 caliber rifles in the Army's inventory to the CMP, the CMP receives no federal funding."

Maybe he can't kill the CMP.

Snow Bird

Master
    I am confused about this. I didn't think it was about CMP.I thought it was about private people trying to import. AND if they did they had to undergo a background check like everyone else did. It's late over here and I might be so wrong about all of this

flyandscuba

Master
    I am confused about this. I didn't think it was about CMP.I thought it was about private people trying to import. AND if they did they had to undergo a background check like everyone else did. It's late over here and I might be so wrong about all of this

The CMP is always trying to re-import old US military weapons for sale to shooters and collectors. Hillary prevented a bunch of M1 Carbines from coming back from South Korea.

A load of M1 Garands came in fromTurkey a while back - but the CMP hasn't gotten to them for processing yet.

There are many more M1 Garands and M1 Carbines out there that this Presidential decision could prevent from returning to the US. None of these are used in crimes - but it is Obama's way to punish the gun owners for not supporting his desires.

The background checks has to do with trusts and corporations registering firearms. The key word is register - that means he's going after those who choose the trust option when doing NFA regulated Class III stuff (full auto, SBRs, SBSs, AOWs and DDs). Again, these aren't used in crimes - it is just to punish gun owners involved in NFA-type firearms.

M.O.A.

Master
    I believe the trust restriction must be a congressional vote. But I doubt anyone calls him out on that.

CCHGN

Banned
    IMO, an end run around things,,,,,If he can't do that, he'll do this......remember, he's got ALOT of voters demanding that he ends gun violence. Now, he's promised he will, so......

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    He met with "The Travon's" parents AGAIN yesterday.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Here's the rule change. Its pretty bad in that it forces all responsible parties in a trust to be fingerprinted, photographed and get a CLEO signoff before the background check. By responsible party it includes grantor trustee and beneficiaries. Many CLEOs refuse to sign already and not many would be enthused at the prospect of going through that much of a hassle for all parties involved. Will your three year old son who is a beneficiary have to be fingerprinted, photographed and get a signoff?

In the past decade trusts have been single handedly responsible for popularizing NFA. 90% of form 1/4s are now done with trusts. If they pass this machinegun prices will fall due to decreased demand and after a short term rush many suppressor manufacturers will go under. Many companies will end SBR and SBS models. For non NFA folks there will be ripple effects since in the past few years NFA has become in vogue and many major manufacturers have cashed in on it.

Of course we all know this is to keep guns away from those criminals who will gladly pay $200, submit to background checks and after 8 to 12 months receive their firearm to commit crime.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201210&RIN=1140-AA43

Idoono

Master
    Can't we impeach the bastard? Course I didn't vote for him the first (or second) time.

Idoono

Top Bottom