• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fisheadgib

Expert
    I've never owned a Glock as I hadn't found on that interested me but a friend brought a G30 out to the ranch and let me put a few rounds through it and I kinda liked it. I'm a .45 fan and it weighs about half as much as my P12 at the same size. I'm not looking for recommendations, I just want to know about G30's.

Welldoya

Master
    I like Glocks but I don’t have a 30. Isn’t that the one that you can’t get a full grip, like a finger or two hangs off the bottom?
    If so, I would buy one with the full size grip.

Raven

Master
    I liked the 45 caliber Glocks a lot. What I liked most about them is having mag compatibility with my side-folding stock 45 caliber carbine I had at the time too, a Kriss Vector. By the way, Kriss has mag extensions to make the 45 caliber Glock mags like a foot long and hold 30 rounds.

Screenshot_20230812-042406.png
    Screenshot_20230812-042411.png

I have had a G30 for many years as well as a G21 (my first Glock, made in 1995). I have put many rounds through the G21 and several through the G30. I do not find the G30 very snappy for being a shorter version of the G21. It is an easy pistol to shoot and is still pretty accurate. The grip of the G30 fits my hands well. I do want to add a G41 in the near future.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    I have my son’s G30 while he is out of state. Same size as my G19 only fatter. Me and my other son have put maybe 200 rds thru it, not one stoppage. Recoil not that bad really.
    Could really use a grip reduction for my medium sized hands.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    I have one. I love it. As F4E said, it’s just a smidge thicker than a G19. I wear mine in a Glock sport OWB holster and it disappear. It is also the most accurate of all my Glocks (9mm and 40).

fisheadgib

Expert
    I appreciate the input. I wasn't aware of the 30s and I'm not sure if that's what my friend had but it sounds a little more appealing. Jimmy's in FWB has a lot of Glocks and I'd like to see a 30 and 30s side by side but almost a quarter pound less and about a 1/8" narrower slide makes the 30s more appealing. I'm starting to think that if I put hands on one, it's coming home with me.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    G30s is the one. they are even blockier than a regular glocks tho. i was a .45acp doode and carried a G36 for a while. the caliber wars are over so shoot what you like... i just dont see the G30s as a better option for carry than many, many other guns available these days.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    G30s is the one. they are even blockier than a regular glocks tho. i was a .45acp doode and carried a G36 for a while. the caliber wars are over so shoot what you like... i just dont see the G30s as a better option for carry than many, many other guns available these days.
    Stone the blasphemer! Lol. :) when the chips are down, 45's around. My plate armor wears a g21 chest rig.

fisheadgib

Expert
    Let's not confuse want with need, I already own several of those other options. I already own .380's, 9mm's, a .40, numerous.45's and revolvers and I have a few different guns that I carry according to the circumstances. I think a G30 might fit into the rotation.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Have a Gen 3 30S . I use the 10 rnd factory mags as the extra helps with grip . Also polished internals , a minus minus connector & fitted a KKM barrel . I also shoot Bullseye & shoot a ton of lead so the KKM . Better accuracy @ 25yds too , but factory is fine as most use factory ammo . Nice to have something that'll fit in a back pocket & has 11 rnds 45acp on tap . I use either the FED HST Tactical 230's or Speer Gold Dot 230's .

Navyshooter

Shooter
    ^— This.

Glock 30S.

Uses the double stack 45ACP Glock mags, but the slide is the width (and length almost) of a Glock 19.

Sometimes fits in Glock 19 holsters, too.
    The 30S and 19 are very similar sizes.

Very nice for CCW.
    I have the G21, G30, G36 and the G30S. The G30S is my normal carry gun. You can use the G21 mags with a grip sleeve as your spare mag also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom