Range carts, what do you use? Let's see 'em!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    I don't have anything right now, but with some serious lower back problems I'm looking to build something pretty quick. I'm thinking I like the converted three wheel jogging stroller type because of it's versatility, locking hand brake, 16" pneumatic wheels for rough terrain, folds up for storage, and it can be customized to your heart's content. The only thing I don't like about this concept is your guns are exposed while sitting or moving the cart, but maybe a slip over dust/rain cover will solve that problem.

Here are some examples, and there seems to be one brand (which I have not been able to positively identify) that is prefered, with the fixed non-steering front wheel and fender.

Gun Cart - 05.jpg

Gun  Cart - 04.jpg

Gun Cart - 02.jpg

Gun Cart - 07.JPG

Gun Cart - 06.JPG

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• Gun Cart - 05.jpg
      Gun Cart - 05.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 452
    • Gun  Cart - 04.jpg
      Gun Cart - 04.jpg
      162.3 KB · Views: 370
    • Gun Cart - 02.jpg
      Gun Cart - 02.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 376
    • Gun Cart - 07.JPG
      Gun Cart - 07.JPG
      118.2 KB · Views: 459
    • Gun Cart - 06.JPG
      Gun Cart - 06.JPG
      139.4 KB · Views: 470
    Last edited:

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Looks like a jogging stroller with ATV gun mounts? should be simple to make with parts from wally world....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Not exactly what you're looking for, but I found a golf bag pull cart for $10 and I use it to carry my treestand when I'm walking more than a half mile or so to where I'm going to hunt. I imagine you could make a platform at the bottom to hold a range bag and brackets to hold firearms.

Patoz

Marksman
    Tim, that's what I was talking about. Maybe we need to go hit the Salvation Army store, thrift stores, and flea markets one day. Maybe we can find enough carts to make two of them.

Jared, thanks for the ATV idea as a source for the mounts.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I found a golf bag pull cart for $10 and I use it to carry my treestand when I'm walking more than a half mile or so to where I'm going to hunt. I imagine you could make a platform at the bottom to hold a range bag and brackets to hold firearms.

I have been looking at golf bag carts also, not only for this project but to build a cart to carry two of those heavy duty (23 lbs. each) camping chair loungers in a bag and a small cooler. Each bag is about 12" x 48" so that would be perfect.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I park 3' from the table, so no hauling required...I do have a tonoshit when I go though and that would not hold half of it, try a red wagon

911parrot

Expert
    Sounds like a plan Pat! I really like the looks of the last one in the post. It seems to be simple yet has the most capacity when you conciser my big-ass range bag!

Patoz

Marksman
    Sounds like a plan Pat! I really like the looks of the last one in the post. It seems to be simple yet has the most capacity when you conciser my big-ass range bag!

I do like the open design, but there is something about having those four 'unloaded' guns pointed at me while I'm pushing it across some bumpy ground that gives me the creeps. I'm sure the design could be modified to mount them barrel down though.

Last edited:

kimbernut

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I''m a pistol man that just had T9 To iliac fused so i cannot carry anything. I went to local thrift store and bought a used bowling baag for 2.50. Works great for pistpls and ammo and is capable of carrying a lot of weight.

Ric-san

Master
    Dang I gave a cart away like that last year...didnt even think of this useful conversion...

Patoz

Marksman
    Dang I gave a cart away like that last year...didnt even think of this useful conversion...

attachment.php

I'm building one like this right now, and it's almost finished. I found this exact model jogging stroller on Craig's List for $50.00 in like new condition. The racks came from Walmart, and I built the cross members. I'm going to add some more pouches, etc. and a rack underneath for ammo, to keep the center of gravity low.

Top Bottom