• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Remington recently announced a recall of two specific lots of .22 LR ammunition due to the possibility of an insufficient crimp on the bullet. Remington is offering an exchange of the ammo if you contact them.

The full recall notice:

Consumer Product Notification

Remington Rimfire: 22 Thunderbolt® TB-22A

22 Long Rifle Ammunition

Remington has determined that two specific lot codes of Remington 22Thunderbolt® ammunition may contain rounds with an insufficient crimp on the bullet. This issue is specific only to lot numbers: S22BB1237 and S22BC1237. Handling or loading this 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition could result in the separation of the bullet from the shell casing. In certain situations, this occurrence could render the firearm inoperable.

If you have recently purchased a box, brick, or case of Remington 22Thunderbolt® ammunition with the specific lot numbers: S22BB1237 or S22BC1237, Remington will exchange this ammunition at no charge. For questions, or to arrange for exchange and replacement of this 22 Thunderbolt® ammunition, please contact the Remington Customer Service staff at: 1-800-243-9700, Prompt #3.

Remington would like to apologize for any inconveniences or concerns that this issue may have created for our customers. We thank you for your continued support of Remington firearms and ammunition products.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...paign=Feed:+TheFirearmBlog+(The+Firearm+Blog)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks for posting this. I just bought a brick.... Need to go grab it and check.

Edit: New question. Where do you find the darn lot number? I've found all sorts of numbers on the box flaps, but none of them look like the same type of number.

Edit #2: I found 5BB and some other very faint symbols stamped on the inside flap of the individual boxes inside the brick. I'm guessing that's part of the lot number and it doesn't match any of the recall numbers. Thanks again, John!

Last edited:

Flyin&Fishin

Shooter
    I went ahead and called them since the lot numbers were illegible and they want to replace it anyway. They're sending a mailer and said they'll mail new ammo once they receive the old. Not too keen on letting .22lr out of my control but I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Top Bottom