• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ford

Expert
    Who around the general area of Pensacola - Niceville has quality safes at fair prices? Or who is the general consensus that sells safes whether online or local(prefer local) sells them at a fair price? I know it depends on what brand and all on the price but I'm just asking who is the fairest folks to deal with regardless of safe name, size or features as I have already did my research on them. I'm just not from the local area and thus don't know who is best to deal with locally but I'm not against ordering one from online either. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter

Gene

Expert
    Got mine at Gander got rebate free delivery. Good selection. Academy and Mikes good too.

DaBreeze

Master

ksenter

Master
    I think it was in Robertsdale or Loxley that I saw a Liberty Safe Outlet Center. Maybe worth checking out.

Wait til a holiday to get yourself a safe from Tractor Supply. They normally drop a couple hundred $$$ off on holidays.

Fast Eddie

Shooter
    I believe it was Wards Sporting Goods in Mobile is where I got my Liberty. They are good people to deal with.

Mikes and Scotts has the best selection in Pensacola hands down. If you catch a sale you can get a jam up safe for a very good price. I just bought a 45 gun Fortress safe from Scotts in Jay on sale for $899. 60 min rating. It isn't as pretty as the browning I had but it holds more guns and looks nice enough. Imo If you want a nice looking safe thats is a great safe as well its hard to beat a Browning and Mikes and Scotts is the place to go look. The Jay store has a much better selection than the Pcola but they can still get what you want

Va boy

Marksman
    Buy one with the thickest metal you can afford. Below are a few pics of a small Winchester that tipped over at Academy and another Cannon Safari that did the same at WalMart. Note on both the thin sheet steel and not the thicker plate. Also notice the lack of continuous welds and the use of filler putty. The only filler should be weld metal. I'm not saying these won't do the job if someone gets in your house, but if they come equipped, these light guage boxes might get compromised.

Attachments

• Winchester Safe.jpg
      Winchester Safe.jpg
      130 KB · Views: 197
    • Winchester Safe 3.jpg
      Winchester Safe 3.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 194
    • Cannon Safari.jpg
      Cannon Safari.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 199
    • Cannon Safari 2.jpg
      Cannon Safari 2.jpg
      101.3 KB · Views: 194
    • Cannon Safari 3.jpg
      Cannon Safari 3.jpg
      90.9 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

Egordon71

Marksman
    zy7u5eby.jpg
    ny6ydahy.jpg

Academy $799, they had the same one at TSC with Camo accents for $50 more. There was a 24 gun version of this at Academy for $549, and a 48 gun for $999, this was 36. All have electronic combo and power and USB inside if you wanted to keep your router in your safe. TSC is going to have a sale soon they couldn't say when, I'd assume Labor Day. If you goto TSC or Academy and want to look in the safes and not chase down sale people both stores all the combos set to 123456.

tyler0421

Expert
    If your close to Fort Walton check out Jimmy's they have a pretty big selection and they deliver them!

ford

Expert
    Thanks for all of the input and advice. With the holiday coming up I hope to find a decent safe on sale to bring home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom