Seriously, Would You Sell this Guy a Fire Arm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master

Person of interested identified in Highland Park July 4th parade mass shooting​

Authorities have identified a person of interest in Monday morning’s mass shooting as 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III. They said he is driving a 2010 Silver Honda Fit with the license plate DM80653 and is from the area. He should be considered “armed and dangerous,” police said.
    He killed at least six people and wounded about two dozen more from a rooftop perch before fleeing, Lake County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Chris Covelli said during an afternoon news briefing. Five of those killed were found at the scene and were adults, authorities said. Another was taken to a hospital where they died.
    BTW The media and FJB call it gun violence. I never ran across a gun that was violent by itself, have you? It's not gun violence, it's criminal violence. They are attempting to control the narrative and the language. Don't let them do it.

1656975946883.png

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    in custody now...

RickG

Shooter
    Anrent those red and black antifa tatoos?
    Its hard to tell since we cant see all of his neck but they certainly seem evocative of antifa

John B.

Master
    Just questioning your title... assuming he could pass a background check, are you saying someone should limit his constitutional right to own a firearm based on... looks? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and whoever sold him a firearm, Obviously wouldn't, knowing what we know now... but. Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Just questioning your title... assuming he could pass a background check, are you saying someone should limit his constitutional right to own a firearm based on... looks? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and whoever sold him a firearm, Obviously wouldn't, knowing what we know now... but. Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

I don't assume anything. For a private in state sale, I'm not required to do background checks. . . .yet. If a guy shows up at a private in state sale and I get an uneasy vibe based on looks than no I reserve the right to choose who I do business with. You would do otherwise? This guy couldn't pass a back ground check. I wouldn't have sold him a fire arm either.

1656990943773.png

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    I don't assume anything. For a private in state sale, I'm not required to do background checks. . . .yet. If a guy shows up at a private in state sale and I get an uneasy vibe based on looks than no I reserve the right to choose who I do business with. You would do otherwise? This guy couldn't pass a back ground check. I wouldn't have sold him a fire arm either.

View attachment 172884
    My days of private sales are over. I don't own anything I'd be willing to get rid of. Moreover, are private sales even legal in Illinois? I agree, sometimes you can just tell that people are crazy, but not always.

McMillan

USMC
    So.. if they LOOK too young, I can’t ID them? If they LOOK like a strung out junkie, I can’t refuse them? It takes 7 seconds to determine your own initial judgement of a person, and a tenth of a second to tell initial trust..
    So,. You’re damn right I can refuse my firearm to anyone I get an uneasy feeling about.. doesn’t matter if it’s looks, language or legitimate concern.
    Albeit one has to have their own morals in check here, but come on.. looks definitely plays a part in telling the whole story.

Personally, from the picture alone one should not make FINAL judgement…Sure there is body language too.. But the first words out of your mouth son, determine if you leave with my gun..

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Do any of the drive-by and gang war shootouts ever get on TV and gun violence? I never see Chicago or Compton on the news....makes you wonder why huh.....
    13 dead and 80 wounded in Chiraq over the holiday weekend...

WRM

Master
    13 dead and 80 wounded in Chiraq over the holiday weekend...

Thus the reason you don't hear much about the ongoing violence--it's a lost cause there, Compton, etc. Nobody much in the media wants to highlight that no one in their right mind wants to go to these major US cities or portions thereof. They really only care much about whatever is defined as a "mass shooting" because it serves the cause. Plus, Highland Park is described as the "quintessential American suburb", which translate into predominately white. That's what whips the antis into a frenzy--not what's going on in the South Side, which is a war zone (aka Chiraq).

As to the dead soul eyes on this suspect and the crazy eyes on shooter in #8, I'd likely not do a private sale with either of them on looks alone. They'd better have a great game when the mouth started moving to get me thinking otherwise.

Apparently the shooter here was posting prior about carnage and Highland Park Mayor says apparently a mental break there, but "let's not focus, on that let's talk about the weapons of war". Disgusting--until you focus on the other issues, what good are you doing?

Last edited:

McMillan

USMC
    They'd better have a great game when the mouth started moving to get me thinking otherwise.
    Giving them the chance is all one can ask! Looks are perspective to your environment.. a super clean cut Caucasian with a collared shirt on is also viewed by some in a negative way…

WRM

Master
    Giving them the chance is all one can ask! Looks are perspective to your environment.. a super clean cut Caucasian with a collared shirt on is also viewed by some in a negative way…

Sure, and that guy's mouth COULD open and hate COULD spill out like water. I'd turn around and leave him standing too.

RickG

Shooter

Thats a fair point.
    Should there be an official test on looks.No.

However we have the right whom we do business with.
    Certain markers of instability would keep me from selling a gun, private party.
    I try to be as open minded and fair as possible in my dealing with people ging by the motto "only those who give respect, get respect"
    I have never met anyone that had necktatoos who wasnt either a drug addict, or a criminal, or both.
    Admittedly it's very small sample, but still.

On top of that this guys necktatoos look antifa to me.

They now parade around some pics on the internet where he was at some pro USA demonstrations, but in those pics he has his neck wrapped in a shawl.........

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    I have never met anyone that had necktatoos who wasnt either a drug addict or a criminal or both.

My wife has a client who is covered in tats. He's one of the nicest guys you'd want to meet--on the street here. He's also some sort of special operator who disappears for weeks and months overseas to do God knows what on behalf of his country. We all have to be careful about fully judging a book by its cover.

FLT

Master
    Unless I know you ,or know someone that knows you that’s willing to vouch for you . I’m most likely not selling to or buying from you. It’s nothing personal against the person , but I don’t want to deal with the atf even if I’m 100 percent legal. Frankly the atf scares the hell out of me.

WRM

Master
    the atf scares the hell out of me.

Understandable, and that's exactly how they want you to feel.

The only way to subjugate the masses with a few in charge is instill fear--particularly where you feel what you'd like to do is "right".

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom