Should the 87,000 new armed IRS agents be considered a military force on American soil, considering the IRS is outside of regular law enforcement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Especially given the $80,000,000,000 in funding just for the new 87,000 armed IRS "agents". Gauranteed like every sheriff or police department that asked for them, these 87,000 new armed men will get granted surplus armored vehicles for free, too. Where is the line between a military and an "agency" ? Also, keep in mind that these extremely well funded and well equipped paramilitary men will be outside the control of the regular military chain of command... controlled by one man, one branch of government, without Congress, and specifically authorized for campaigns only in America

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-125253.png
      Screenshot_20220815-125253.png
      887.3 KB · Views: 69

.22 cents

Master
    Gestapo training.

Attachments

• photo_2022-08-10_23-27-18.jpg
      photo_2022-08-10_23-27-18.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 78

Raven

Master
    What’s crazy to me is, that number of new agents damn near doubles the size of the US Coast Guard in its entirety(well, minus the reserves and auxiliary) And that is a military service! Something is on the horizon that the majority of us are not going to like.
    I heard that the Coast Guard may well set a precedent to let the IRS keep their paramilitary army, because the Coast Guard was under the DOT.

Last edited:

Southalabama

Master
    I don’t think guns at the IRS is a new thing. Perhaps the scope has increased. In the early 1980’s I was friends with a kid in the neighborhood who’s dad was an IRS agent. He came home in the evenings and was wearing a little snub nose revolver. It was likely a Smith and Wesson.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Since 2003, the Coast Guard has been under the Department of Homeland Security. In time of war, it falls under the Department of Defense. Just staggered my imagination that dang near twice as many IRS agents were added to an already established agency than an entire service of the United States Military.

Richonsa

Expert
    The IRS has a long tradition of LE side agents. They are a special group. The typical revenue officer or revenue agent etc doesn’t carry guns because they aren’t sworn LE. I was in a meeting with a high level CID agent just last week; we discussed the logistics of hiring nearly 90k employees; it’s going to be a challenge.

I didn’t sleep at Holiday Inn last night but I am a CPA with extensive experience working tax cases before the IRS.

Raven

Master
    The IRS has a long tradition of LE side agents. They are a special group. The typical revenue officer or revenue agent etc doesn’t carry guns because they aren’t sworn LE. I was in a meeting with a high level CID agent just last week; we discussed the logistics of hiring nearly 90k employees; it’s going to be a challenge.

I didn’t sleep at Holiday Inn last night but I am a CPA with extensive experience working tax cases before the IRS.
    Yeah I double they'll get all 87,000 hired before the next president nips this in the bud. The IRS was in the process of being doubled under Obama when Trump got elected and Trump put a hiring freeze on it and just let the size of the IRS be reduced through natural retirement and quitting. The Democrats been trying to increase the size of the IRS exponentially for an awful long time and I can only wonder why...

Southalabama

Master
    The IRS purchases guns and ammunition for special agents in its criminal investigation division, a law enforcement branch established in 1919.

• The special agents who are armed investigate crimes ranging from money laundering to cybercrime. There were fewer agents in 2021 than there were in 2017.
    • The division’s spending on ammunition this year is on par with previous years and less than what was spent a decade ago, IRS data shows. Much of the ammunition is used at its training academy in Georgia, where agents complete firearms training and handgun qualifications.

Raven

Master
    The IRS purchases guns and ammunition for special agents in its criminal investigation division, a law enforcement branch established in 1919.

• The special agents who are armed investigate crimes ranging from money laundering to cybercrime. There were fewer agents in 2021 than there were in 2017.
    • The division’s spending on ammunition this year is on par with previous years and less than what was spent a decade ago, IRS data shows. Much of the ammunition is used at its training academy in Georgia, where agents complete firearms training and handgun qualifications.
    The 16th Amendment (Federal income tax) is a fraud that was never properly ratified and so it's illegal. That's $80,000,000,000 new dollars and 87,000 more men to maintain a lie and steal from us. Oh, and public servants work for us, folks. Never forget it. Spread the word.

Screenshot_20201230-034231_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-031703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-025241_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-034228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201230-034249_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    I figured it up to be 919k per agent. That money has to be used for something else or I need to apply asap!
    TSA agent at the airport is a good entry level position to become a door kicker in the other alphabet agencies. Its only a year or two in the airport and then you can apply upwards. Don't ask me how I know this...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    they're saying armed transport, dignitary protection and "enforcement"... add them to the list with the blue helmets i guess?

Top Bottom