So you think you have a 'big gun', check this out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    JD Jones loves building those big boomers. Freaking insane !! So you just happen to have a couple hundred 25 mm cannon brass laying around collecting dust and there's a tyranasaurus epidemic. Lol

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    I have a "somewhat" big gun. My 26.5mm registered destructive device uses projectiles 1.05" in diameter.

TURTLE

Marksman
    I have a "somewhat" big gun. My 26.5mm registered destructive device uses projectiles 1.05" in diameter.

Could you give some more details about whatever this is. What shoots it, and why? Whats the projectile and how is it loaded in that cylinder?

Daezee

Master
    It's fired from a RV-85. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXeKbxU3g9s Mine is registered as a destructive device so I can shoot things out of it like solid "bullets", flechettes, shot, buckshot, or whatever instead of just shooting flares or smokes.

The reloadable cases are made by a few companies. The case shown above uses a 9mm cartridge case in its base with Bullseye and an overpowder wad of aluminum to propel the projectile (like the 40mm uses a 38 S&W sized blank to propel its load; the aluminum overpowder wad holds in the expanding gases until they reach enough pressure to rupture the aluminum; it's called high/low pressure; high pressure inside the base of the case with lower pressure in the case body under the projectile). The projectile shown in the case has 2 diameters; smaller fits into case and larger end is bore diameter (like the .22 rimfire healed bullet). I hope to find someone local with a lathe that can turn some more projectiles for me.

As to "why?"...that's harder to explain. Always wanted a cannon. Had a golf ball bore size muzzle loading one, but lost it in my house fire 6 years ago with no more of that particular model (replica of a French 75 complete with spring loaded recoil mechanism and armor shield). When some RV-85's were imported a few years ago, and I found out just how massive they were (the barrel and receiver are steel) I knew this was something way more strong than just a typical smoke/flare launcher. It looked neat, and I just had to have one. In Czechoslovakia they were used for firing barrier penetrating tear gas, smoke, flares, and explosive shells, but were imported here as "flare launchers".

Top Bottom