• ...and so much more!
  • Price: Want to Buy

Zeroed in

Master
    Item Location
    7th Inf Div Vet.
    Price
    Want to Buy
    Early Model Type 1 Contender Parts needed.

Looking for the Hammer Nose, Hammer Nose Screw, Frame pins (not barrel pin), barrel lugs, hammer, hammer block, etc.

I'd bought this contender a while back and a screw fell out of it when I was looking it over. Didn't seem to go anywhere at the time,
    we both looked the pistol over and couldn't find where it could have went. Well until today while I was shooting it lol.
    Had a couple misfires and noticed the firing pin (hammer nose piece) was loose, then I found where that "unknown" screw went.
    That screw goes behind and inside the upper part of the hammer and holds/keeps the hammer head in position and from falling out.
    And I'm not sure what I did with that screw (I think he gave it to me?), but it's been a while back.

Anyway, I'll consider most any caliber barrel, even if it's rusted to hello and back.

I'm more interested in the Gen 1 parts, but most of the Gen 2 stuff interchanges.

Also looking for the 45c/410 (internal) choke tube and/or the internal barrel thread protector.
    The .44 mag tube will interchange, or so I'm told.

Hit me up if you have anything along these lines.

Just your personal stuff, not online links.
    I'm aware of Numrich (out of what I need now) and Bellm T/C's (have a trigger spring kit and some screws on order now),
    ebay, gunbroker and other sources.

Thanks

Last edited:

boatbum101

Marksman
    Another possible source is Greybeards Forum . They got the largest bunch of TC freaks on the net . If looking for parts , frames , barrels worth checking . Also a bunch of H&R Handi-Rifle freaks too .

Zeroed in

Master
    https://www.hausofarms.com/SSK-50G1-EASY-OPEN-CONTENDER-COMPLETE-HAMMER-ASSEMBLY_p_4159.html

Here's a place with complete hammer assemblies. I've bought from them twice with no problems.

I'd already looked at that one, definitely a good price for it.
    Only problem, it will not work in the "early" type 1 frame, unless I send it in
    for an upgrade. And then too, it'd need to be upgraded to the "easy-open" fix
    for this "new style" hammer to fit/work.

I just need to find a retired/semi-retired smith with some left-over contender parts.
    Really need the Hammer Nose (rim/center fire selector) piece right now. The one that's in it, of course the
    screw fell out. I tried the same screw from my other contender frame (both 1979's) and it wouldn't go on, because
    the threads in the Hammer Nose is stripped to a degree. So someone had it out at one point in it's life, then apparently
    over-tightened it.
    I've got the screw on order, but not going to do me too much good with the bad Hammer Head.
    For now I can swap barrels out until I get the parts, not too much an inconvenience.

I appreciate the reply Bruce, sure wished you had the parts I need on hand.

Zeroed in

Master
    Some of you gotta have some old parts laying around, or maybe someone you know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom