• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Why do people do this shit? Really 20lbs of tannerite? What the hell do oboist think is gonna happen. This is why we can't have nice things.....condolences to the child's family. Hope the dumbass get a nice long time in prison.

John B.

Master
    We've put 0.5lbs of Tannerite in a watermelon before... shot it from about 70 yards and got pelted with melon.... I'm curious how close they were? 20 lbs of Tannerite inside a stove? I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting that at all... if I HAD to, it would be from a distance of over 500 yards.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

Fletch

Master
    I saw a video where they demolished a two story barn with 100 pounds of the stuff in a plastic tote. Looked like it was hit with an air to surface missile.

Just a bunch of dumb rednecks that didn't think through the fact they were about to send shrapnel flying in every direction for a couple hundred yards. Tragic it got the innocent kid and not the idiots who thought it up. The deserve what ever they get.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I saw a video where they demolished a two story barn with 100 pounds of the stuff in a plastic tote. Looked like it was hit with an air to surface missile.

Just a bunch of dumb rednecks that didn't think through the fact they were about to send shrapnel flying in every direction for a couple hundred yards. Tragic it got the innocent kid and not the idiots who thought it up. The deserve what ever they get.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the innocent person getting the wrong end of the stick.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    We've put 0.5lbs of Tannerite in a watermelon before... shot it from about 70 yards and got pelted with melon.... I'm curious how close they were? 20 lbs of Tannerite inside a stove? I wouldn't feel comfortable shooting that at all... if I HAD to, it would be from a distance of over 500 yards.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

I did the same thing with a old dryer and a half pound of tannerite. We were about 80 yards away and I was hiding behind my AR500 armour and I glad I was because it seemed like a frag went off in that dryer.

Droshki

Master
    The adults that lied about what happened should be punished at least as much as the idiot that committed the crime. Complete lack of morality.

merkinman

Marksman
    Fletch you put anything explosive in a confined space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Combustion gas engine!

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    I "toasted" my old dryer last year from 40yds,,,
    watched the door sail 60ft straight up before the wind carried it into the empty lot next door

bigbulls

Marksman
    You guys need to go to youtube and search "tannerite close call". Perple just don't realize how powerful this stuff really is.

Here's a few.

Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Off topic but:
    Tannerite is another thing that prove that the ATF is a croc of bull s#$t. We buy something at the store, mix it, shoot it with a firearm and blow something up but we "can't" make our own. Got to love it.

Top Bottom