The Army has chosen their New Handgun: Sig Wins!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    I really like both guns, but I like the Sig a little better. The service members carrying it will not be dissappointed...9mm ball ammo maybe, but not the gun

Dan1612

Master
    I'm just glad it's not a Glock. The 320 is a fine pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Got me a 320 the day before it was picked. Looks like a great firearm have yet to shoot it. I think they had the edge with the ability to change grip sizes etc

wildrider666

Master
    Its a drop in trigger group (serialized as a receiver) you can build a pistol around. Lol. I don't know if the Army is going to buy a complete set (slides, frames, grip inserts) for all configurations for each "receiver" but that was the big "modular requirement" they chased,

Let us know how it runs.
    Thanks

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Yeah well ya know with frames being say $40 for us it's a possibility lol

Red

Master
    That is good news. I was never a fan of the M9. I wasn't screaming for the return of the 1911 either but I think SIG make nice reliable pistols. Not familiar on the 320 but just hoping it is a lighter more reliable pistol than that brick of an M9. I am a personal fan of the Glock 19 or 17 for a combat pistol, due to light weight, no safety, capacity, and of course reliability but to issue out to the masses, a SIG is a leap above an M9. Lets be honest, very few in this generation of soldiers have had to use their sidearms in a combat situation. Walking to the DFAC w/M9 in shoulder holster aside of course lol. Anyway those few who have and will need to use a sidearm will finally have a better pistol. Well done Army procurement system.

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Agreed those m9s are heavy and the 320 is a much lighter option. I think our military across the board should go Glock since spec ops units etc use them. It would only make sense just incase something ever did happen it would be easy to acquire in any fighting situation.

Murfpcola

Master
    This may sound like an ignorant question but here it goes. Does this mean that they will start selling off the M9 in the civilian market like police trade ins get sold? I would not mind having a cheap Beretta to shoot one day. I looked at some that recently came up for under $300 but they were the ones with the mag release on the bottom of the grip, not where we Americans like it.

pcolagunner

Master
    This may sound like an ignorant question but here it goes. Does this mean that they will start selling off the M9 in the civilian market like police trade ins get sold? I would not mind having a cheap Beretta to shoot one day. I looked at some that recently came up for under $300 but they were the ones with the mag release on the bottom of the grip, not where we Americans like it.

I was thinking the same thing Murf.

wildrider666

Master
    After years of expensive storage 1911s have just recently approved for transfer to and sale buy DCM. Their bottom grade "Field" is expected to be priced at $1K. Thats the price bump for History while you can buy a damn fine NEW 1911 for that price. I think it will be a long wait for the Gov M9s go to surplus.

Add: The Legislation for this passed but it will still be several months before the 1911s will be available for purchase.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

Latest posts

Top Bottom