• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • collectorden

Expert
    It's funny how the media seems to believe their own hype.
    Like gun shows and internet sales are exempt from background checks.
    They are celebrating a compromise which calls for background checks for commercial gun show and internet sales.

"The compromise includes background checks for gun show and online sales but exempt transactions such as face-to-face, noncommercial purchases."

Isn't this what we have now?

http://www.10news.com/news/u-s-worl...nd-checks-to-gun-show-online-purchases-041013

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It's funny how the media seems to believe their own hype.
    Like gun shows and internet sales are exempt from background checks.
    They are celebrating a compromise which calls for background checks for commercial gun show and internet sales.

"The compromise includes background checks for gun show and online sales but exempt transactions such as face-to-face, noncommercial purchases."

Isn't this what we have now?

http://www.10news.com/news/u-s-worl...nd-checks-to-gun-show-online-purchases-041013

I saw that last night. I guess as far as gun shows they may be talking about the "private non-dealer" tables. Otherwise it's a joke. Good for them. Oduma needs something for his legacy since obamacare is so unpopular.

Bay Ranger

Master
    I do not understand what they are talking about and I have not seen and explaination as yet. If I buy a gun on Gunbtoker (internet) the seller has to ship the weapon to my local FFL representative who does a NIC check; if I buy a weapon from Bud's they must ship it to my FFL rep who does a NIC check. If I buy a gun from Jays at the P'Cola Gun Show they do a NIC check. The only thing about gun show checks is for private sales. Then who does the check? Jays or some other retailer? They can't be bothered and who is going to force them to do it? I just don't understand what they are proposing!

Telum Pisces

Master
    I saw that last night. I guess as far as gun shows they may be talking about the "private non-dealer" tables. Otherwise it's a joke. Good for them. Oduma needs something for his legacy since obamacare is so unpopular.

Yeah, they will probably not let you make a transaction within the gun show building as a private transaction. I guess everyone will have to set up and make the transaction outside as a "private" transaction. I can also see them shutting down sites such as Armslist etc... somehow. Not sure how though. It's all bogus garbage. They think they have to do something. So they re-word existing law and nothing get's done.

bullseye

Shooter
    It says that private translations would be exempt "that are not for profit, such as betwen relatives". That sounds to me like any kind of "sale" would require a check, but a "gift" would not.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Looks like there will be alot of gift giving amoung fellow gun enthuiast, lol. I say let it ride and let them think they won something. They obviously don't know shit about guns anyway , like magazines are bullets and for grips and thumbholes make weapons more dangerous. Give this to em and say " You won, you won" . I may appease some of these idiots and get them off our backs and MAYBE bring cost back down to reality.

Zeus

Banned For Life

Not only unpopular, but it will eventually be found unconstitutional in it's entirety.

Since the day it was signed into law I have been telling people that any legislation that generates revenue must originate in the House. obummer care originated in the Senate and the $2500 per year tax / penalty generates revenue.

FINALLY some lawyers filed on that premise last month. So once that works it's way up to the Supremes it will be tossed as long as one single penalty has been paid to the IRS before it is heard.

And as we all know already WE are the “gunshow loophole” of which they speak ... FTF sales is what they have always been after.

outside9

Master
    I saw that also, pretty damn misleading. They made it appear you can go to a gun show and you don't have a background check from vendors.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Typical, they are trying to make laws that are already there, they do not have a clue as to what they are doing...maybe a good thing for us?

Top Bottom