• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I usually take a longarm on vacation, you know to keep my tinfoil hats from being stolen. Anybody else?? This one for now and later the sub2000 after more shooting. Awaiting approval from credova on ammo.com... fits in red, white, and blue tennis bag, with mag out.(thanks Frank!)

KG 7.5 upper, bushmaster lower with vortex 1x and 40rd pmag.

Attachments

• 20201107_110611.jpg
      20201107_110611.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 93

5lima30ret

Master
    Not really vacation, but when visiting my wife's family in Memphis I always take a long gun in addition to my regular CCW. In the past that was a Sub 2000. These days my Yugo AK w/ folding stock would seem to be more appropriate for "Mogadishu on the Mississippi".

*Those of you that have been to Memphis in the past few years can appreciate this nickname!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Not really vacation, but when visiting my wife's family in Memphis I always take a long gun in addition to my regular CCW. In the past that was a Sub 2000. These days my Yugo AK w/ folding stock would seem to be more appropriate for "Mogadishu on the Mississippi".

*Those of you that have been to Memphis in the past few years can appreciate this nickname!
    Yeah, we don't go there anymore. Flexing in 2021 with an AK and x39 ammo. :)

Welldoya

Master
    Probably not a bad idea to take a long gun but I usually take a Glock 19 and either a S&W 642 or an LCP.

Raven

Master
    I usually take a longarm on vacation, you know to keep my tinfoil hats from being stolen. Anybody else?? This one for now and later the sub2000 after more shooting. Awaiting approval from credova on ammo.com... fits in red, white, and blue tennis bag, with mag out.(thanks Frank!)

KG 7.5 upper, bushmaster lower with vortex 1x and 40rd pmag.
    I'd rather have the Sub2000. Just because the 9mm FMJ projectile is proven to penetrate deeper than .223/5.56 at CQB distances and the 9mm weighs twice as much as 223/556 and the 9mm FMJ is bigger around for more thwack on impact. Also, pistols are selling 9 to 1 against rifles, so would be easier to find 9mm ammo and mags in a SHTF scenario

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I usually carry a pocket gun , a revolver in the door side pocket, and a pump 12 ga with 18.5 barrel, and keep another pistol in glove box. With the wide open border situation I’m starting to feel like it’s not enough. But first and foremost I’m not going to put myself or the family in a bad location, we usually go to the same locale every year on vacation. But there have been a couple of times over the years when we didn’t have cell phones or a gps and we would be in a sketchy location asking for directions that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Two times was in downtown Atlanta after Braves games. One time there I almost reached for my 357 while trying to gas up to get the hell out of Dodge. Glad I live in a rural area where folks look out for one another.

Southalabama

Master
    Last trip to New Orleans unloading in the room. Laid a Glock 26 on the nightstand. The wifey asked “you brought a gun to New Orleans”. I said no. Kept unloading. She asked well what’s that? I said a pistol. She said well you said you didn’t bring one. I said correct I brought two. Pulled out the Glock 19 with TLR-s and laid it on the nightstand.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Ruger LC9s for pocket or ankle carry and a Type-2 Phaser OWB.

bIk8RvU.jpg

Actually I just got back last week from a trip to north Alabama (Athens) and I carried the Ruger and a CZ75 PCR OWB with spare mags for both and a couple boxes of ammo just because.

On my previous trips to see family in Athens and Atlanta I used to also carry a Mini-14 behind my regular cab truck seats, but as my truck has aged I've discontinued doing this. I figure there's a better chance of my truck breaking down and then me having to unload and lug around not only luggage but an unmistakable rifle case between an auto shop, rental car location, hotel room, etc... than there is the chance of me actually needing the rifle.

That being said, if I had a "tennis bag gun" like an AR-15 pistol or CZ Scorpion I would certainly carry that in my truck in a not-gun looking case/bag. Perhaps one day...

I just got an image in my head, of a fat, old, long bearded guy, dressed in camo, getting out of his truck with tennis equipment.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    My MCK travels the road with me and my carry gun...shhhhh, no one knows

Top Bottom