• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    Obviously, the media doesn't know the difference between a tank and an armored vehicle. Be sure to watch the video at the bottom of the page.

Military Vet May Face Felony Charges for Driving WWII Tank Through Neighborhood (VIDEO)

Screenshot-312.jpg

U.S. Navy and Marine Corps veteran John Lind is now in jail and may face felony charges after he and two friends drove his antique World War II armor plated vehicle, “Lonely Bull,” down a suburban neighborhood street while celebrating Independence Day last week in Shelby Township, Michigan. Apparently Lind is a history buff who owns a large collection of historical memorabilia, including several military vehicles.

911 calls came rolling in during what Police Chief Roland Woelkers calls a “stupid act,” when Lind and his friends drove the tank down the street firing blanks from the tank’s 50-caliber machine gun. Although most people in the area know about Lind’s collection, some do not and as such the event caused “pandemonium” among them...
    http://www.guns.com/2013/07/08/mili...-driving-wwii-tank-through-neighborhood-video

Attachments

• Screenshot-312.jpg
      Screenshot-312.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 192

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Azzhat cops have not even come up with a crime to charge him with.

That is just north of Detroit. I guess the cops had rather harass crazy old guys than stand up to real criminals.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Probaly the firing of the fifty cal did him in. I think even our sheriff would have something to say if it was done here.

Snow Bird

Master
    $100.000 bond. Get real, it's not like the guy is going to run away or anything. Who would leave all that neet stuff in the back yard.

Scrooge

Marksman
    What a damn shame; the guy should have been saluted, not arrested.
    That said, better judgement it light of the present day "climate" might have been warranted - it is stupid to simulate firing of the weapon. Cool but some folks didn't know the guy, his history or the fact that no ammo was involved.
    Under the proper circumstances and "permissions" this would've been great. JMO

Patoz

Marksman
    I agree, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but charging him with a felony and setting his bond at $100,000.00 is a little overkill. I think a public apology and free rides for all the kids would have been sufficient.

If you want to get technical, he wasn't even firing real blanks. It was just a gas of some sort that was ignited, probably with an electronic spark, creating the sound and flash effect.

Last edited:

outside9

Master
    Funny, if it happened around here and thought it was a real bad guy we (or some of us couldn't, not sure what some of you have hidden away) might not could have stopped him but there would have been plenty of rounds fired at it as it went by.

flyandscuba

Master
    Looks like a cool prepper vehicle to me... Get rid of the blanks and semi-auto side plate on Ma Duece -- and you would have a formidable SHTF vehicle!

Scrooge

Marksman
    I agree, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but charging him with a felony and setting his bond at $100,000.00 is a little overkill. I think a public apology and free rides for all the kids would have been sufficient.

If you want to get technical, he wasn't even firing real blanks. It was just a gas of some sort that was ignited, probably with an electronic spark, creating the sound and flash effect.

Outstanding comment Patoz! Agreed!

TURTLE

Marksman
    Probaly the firing of the fifty cal did him in. I think even our sheriff would have something to say if it was done here.

He should have called in advance and let them know he would be firing blanks on the 4th. Every time I want to shoot in my back yard I call in advance to let them know WHEN they get the calls it's just me. They have to come out anyway if a call is made but at least they know they won't be ambushed. They also know it's my right and there is nothing they can do to stop me but ask, which I always do stop if they ASK me too. If they get all Barney Phiffe on me it's gonna drag on a while.

Top Bottom