• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Got a great deal at TGD today on an AK-47, and the rifle is great, but I only like guns in black. So, before pulling out the Krylon, I thought I'd check to see if there's a set in someone's drawer or box of spare gun parts that they'd be willing to sell.

Thanks!

Dan1612

Master
    Brand new WASR. Mags fit tight, sights and tube are good and straight. Couldn't turn it down at the price.
    He also had a MAK90, but I didn't care for the worn blue finish, and it seems that the WASR will be easier to customize and has potential as far as accessorizing should I decide to later on. Unlike my previous AKs and the MAK90, It'll also take a SlideFire stock. :)

Django

Master
    If nobody has any and you don't plan on hanging a bunch of stuff from it check out the Hogue overmold pistol grip and hand guard. If you want to have rails M.I. has some decent ones for Ak's.

Dan1612

Master
    I like the feel and profile of of original furniture, just not the bare wood color. Ideal would be a set of original polymer furniture. It's an AK so I still want it to look and feel like an AK. Anyone ever use spray on bed liner on a gun stock?

Django

Master
    If that's the case, I would take the wood furniture off strip and sand off the finish and make it what ever color you want and re-seal it. Unless of course somebody on here has a set in black that they will part with.

Dan1612

Master
    Yeah, I think I might try an Ebony black stain. The wood has a really nice grain on it that would be neat to keep. I'm thinking something like this:
    ehura6y8.jpg

Of course, if it doesn't work out, there's always bediner.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    I'm sure that'd look good... You'll probably have to sand it pretty good and do a few coats to get it good and black

Aaronious45

Master
    Yeah, I think I might try an Ebony black stain. The wood has a really nice grain on it that would be neat to keep. I'm thinking something like this:
    ehura6y8.jpg

Of course, if it doesn't work out, there's always bediner.

Great minds think alike! I was gunna say just rhino line it!

Django

Master
    That stain would look cool if you have nice grain. Personaly I would worry about the bed liner peeling and getting hot in the Florida Sun but I have never tried it. Either way, looks like a fun project.

Aaronious45

Master
    I'd deff try the stain. If u do the bed liner, just sand sand sand. Prob with a rough grit to give t something to hold onto

Django

Master
    Makes me want an AK again to play with. Maybe a pisrol one with a brace. Have you shot it yet?

pavegunner1

Expert
    D an... I have a complete set that came with my Saiga. You are welcome to it.
    Bill aka Homey

pavegunner1

Expert
    Not sure, I'll take of pic later and put it on here for ya. Got the rifle used in 2009

Top Bottom