• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    People been living and growing crops in places with no water about to hit reality. Life depends on water.

At a time when immediate great publics works projects are needed they’ve been wringing their hands.

Maybe they should put ice water in the shutdown keystone pipeline. If the glaciers are gonna melt at least use the water.

IronBeard

Master
    about-california.com says the state has 840 miles of coastline. Hey, california, put this in your Google, "desalination plants." You're welcome. Oh, and when you decide to spend countless millions to build entire cities in A DESERT, that does not mean you are entitled to someone else's water. Only a government could produce this level of stupid...

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    I watch RVer TV on ewe toob all the time. Yesterday he was visiting Lake Meade, the water level is at a historic low. It's called a desert for a reason.
    For real.... I lived in NM for half my life and it never got old seeing "watersheds drying up" and new, massive, housing developments being approved on the same news page.

Sucked seeing gorgeous rivers dry up completely due mindless watershed expansion.
    Great seeing all those sustainability studies in liberal arts colleges working for people..... (i say that with the utmost sarcasm)

Last edited:

fv22

Master
    The worst part of it is lot's of them may leave CA and go out to pollute many good states with their thinking

lil'skeet

Master
    Yet CA is supposed to set the "standard" for the rest of the country. They are so advanced. Hey, the Egyptians managed to thrive in a desert 1000s of years ago.
    Keep melting all of them plastic guns down and drink the molten plastic. They can drink and bathe in the urine of the homeless that are thriving.
    Isn't it about time for that cesspool to burn again? Maybe a nice earthquake to finally sink that hemmeroid into the pacific.
    Sad part is it really is one of the most beautiful places in the country but the people there have destroyed it, or allowed it to be destroyed.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    It’s a democratic haven , California is a model of what democrats want the rest of the USA be. It’s just as shitty as Chicago, but with better weather.

MarkS

Master
    One trip to Southern California in 1980 convinced me not to go back. The traffic in L.A. was bad the smog was worse especially in Riverside. The only redeeming thing was those good looking (Extremely) friendly California girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRM

Master
    Watched a good program a few years back on water issues (on Nat Geo, I think). None of this should be a surprise to anyone. It was predicted Las Vegas, in essence, would have to be abandoned at some point due to lack of water. Many areas of California will face a similar fate. Also noted that the aquifer in the Nebraska area (breadbasket) no longer is fully recharging due to overuse. Water resources are strained everywhere. Mix in some drought and it shows itself real quick.

Where you reckon all those displaced people will head? To a place with water--i.e. right damn here. Many of us may live long enough to see water as the precious resource it always has been. Wars may well be waged in these here "united" states over water and who controls it. And I'm not talking legal wars like have gone on between Florida, Alabama and Georgia for 20+ years over the watershed feeding the Chattahoochee. Nope, these will be shooting wars. To the victor belongs the water until.....some other dude named Victor comes along.

Volunteers are now being accepted to leave the planet. Elon Musk is your travel agent.

lil'skeet

Master
    One trip to Southern California in 1980 convinced me not to go back. The traffic in L.A. was bad the smog was worse especially in Riverside. The only redeeming thing was those good looking (Extremely) friendly California girls.

Next time try northern CA. I was fortunate enough to work in Mt. Shasta and it is beautiful and very conservative, believe it or not. They are just F'ed because of the big cities and corruption that control the state.

lil'skeet

Master
    Watched a good program a few years back on water issues (on Nat Geo, I think). None of this should be a surprise to anyone. It was predicted Las Vegas, in essence, would have to be abandoned at some point due to lack of water. Many areas of California will face a similar fate. Also noted that the aquifer in the Nebraska area (breadbasket) no longer is fully recharging due to overuse. Water resources are strained everywhere. Mix in some drought and it shows itself real quick.

Where you reckon all those displaced people will head? To a place with water--i.e. right damn here. Many of us may live long enough to see water as the precious resource it always has been. Wars may well be waged in these here "united" states over water and who controls it. And I'm not talking legal wars like have gone on between Florida, Alabama and Georgia for 20+ years over the watershed feeding the Chattahoochee. Nope, these will be shooting wars. To the victor belongs the water until.....some other dude named Victor comes along.

Volunteers are now being accepted to leave the planet. Elon Musk is your travel agent.
    I was always told that we never "lose" water. It just moves elsewhere in different forms, ice, evaporation, etc. Unless we are sending water out of our atmosphere it's here on our planet. When it's dry in one area, another area is probably flooding. I don't know if it's true, but it seems to make sense to me

MarkS

Master
    Next time try northern CA. I was fortunate enough to work in Mt. Shasta and it is beautiful and very conservative, believe it or not. They are just F'ed because of the big cities and corruption that control the state.

One of my friends daughter lives in Northern California. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it up there to visit on my next trip out west to see my brother

WRM

Master
    I was always told that we never "lose" water. It just moves elsewhere in different forms, ice, evaporation, etc. Unless we are sending water out of our atmosphere it's here on our planet. When it's dry in one area, another area is probably flooding. I don't know if it's true, but it seems to make sense to me

To my knowledge, that is a "true" statement. Moving elsewhere is the problem, however, and particularly if that move will be long term or permanent. The term normally used to describe process of land moving into the desert classification is "desertification".

.22 cents

Master
    Looking at every dot in the past 2 years, I’d say we’re in some deep dookie.

Top Bottom