• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outside9

Master
    I'm old school when it comes to a weapon for vehicle carry/home defense. I like this small revolver for simplicity and reliability.

It is for my 24 year old daughter.

What do you thinK? Not sure about the pink grips I ordered? I also have the factory wood and a set of black grips.

Attachments

• S&W.jpg
      S&W.jpg
      282.4 KB · Views: 232

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    That should do the job well

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I would never have an objection to carrying a decent caliber S&W revolver.

SAWMAN

Master
    When I used to teach I had some ladies show up with the little 60's and the standard Unkle Mike's boot grips. Great gun and all that however they can be a hand full with some of the +P stuff out there. IMO there is no need for a +P in a special anyway. This is a "belly gun". A standard load of Hornady 125gr XTP's will surely suffice. After some shooting/training, IF they can easily handle the +P's then............?

BTW, I noticed that you borrowed that tape measure from.....who else.....Stanley. --- SAWMAN

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Looks nice. A little Flitz and Mothers Mag Polish and it would look like new money.

outside9

Master
    Yea, I need to clean it up real good before I give it to her.

FowlHunter13

Master
    The S&W model 60 is one of my favorites. Don't laugh, but I often carry a model 60 "Lady Smith" as my CCW. If I ever have to use it, I didn't figure the poor bastard laying stone cold in front of me would give two poops what the gun had engraved on it. That is a fine gun for protection. The only thing I would recommend would be a concealed hammer or centennial style. No exposed hammer spur to get snagged upon pulling it out. Just my opinion. I have several S&W "J" frames in all kinds of configurations and they all work every time. Update us on how she likes the model 60.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    I think every well armed man needs a "Lady" in his pocket. I too have several "J" frames and love them. They will never get sold or traded. Never.

shootnstarz

Master
    That's a fine pistol but what's important is how she likes it and if she can handle and shoot it properly. My wife bought herself a Government 380, she could shoot it well but had trouble loading the mags. I let her shoot a model 10, she could load it easily but didn't like the kick. So I guess what I'm saying is, women are never happy.

Rick

wildrider666

Master
    I would recommend the hammer spur be bobbed to prevent snags if it will be drawn from a purse.

She will be the important judge on if it will work for her needs.
    WR

Knotnow

Shooter
    My wife has the same revolver with crimson trace grips. My daughter didn't like it though (too much rotation) She felt more comfortable with my Sig P226 (darn it, just shows she has good taste). so she has that and I bought her a Mossburg 500 410 with a ported barrel and front pistol grip for her bedroom gun, when she moved into her first house. She is comfortable with both and I am comfortable that if somebody gets by her dog (which would suck for the bad guy), she will still be fine.

Ken232

Marksman
    My mom shot a 60 up till she died at 73 last oct she was shooting low recoil corbons 38's and I never wanted to piss her off bad :)

outside9

Master
    She loves the little pistol. Her younger brother already has a collection of guns (mostly mine he has staked claim to) and she just recently showed interest in getting one. Those pink grips dressed it up for her and she spent a lot of time shooting it. I bought some low grain 38's, which in my opinion, would work fine if she had to shoot some dumb @ss bothering her. Once she feels more comfortable with it I will look for a round with more stopping power.

Anyways, thanks for all the advise. Now I need to get her in a consealed weapons class.

Top Bottom