• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Amid all this anti-gun hoop-la, and uproar over the tragedy at the school in CT, my wife asked me if she was going to write a letter to someone asking for FL to make it legal for CCW holders to carry on school grounds in case something like this occurred in the future.. it got me thinking would you start small and write to our local Representative i.e mayor, school board, etc.. or so straight for the Senators/Governor?

My wife is not a gun nut by any stretch of the imagination, however she knows how to shoot because I taught her, and my kids. We have had many talks amid this crisis about gun ownership, bans, and the safety of our children. I am curious if any others on this forum feel that we should voice our concerns to our own "local" government such as states that already allow CCW's on school grounds.
    Thanks for your time
    Mike

*Edit seems its only our kids safety thats a concern* http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...s-11-Armed-Guards-Not-Counting-Secret-Service

Last edited:

Clay

Master
    Do it-

Start with your school board and local reps....The law is already in place, just time to bring attention to it and get folks to take the initiative and design 'creative' programs/professional development, in conjunction with local LEO throughout the school day. Thus, teachers, LEO's, admin, staff, volunteers,etc...any number of people 'could' be permitted to participate. I'm putting together a proposal for my facility. Time to wake people up, make sure your School Board and Superintendent know the law.

http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/790.115

(2)(a) A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:
    1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Since its a law, the legislature must be involved in the long run...(IMHO)

Gravity3694

Expert
    Write state Senator Gregg Evers. He's the most pro-gun legislator in FL. The other state reps and senators are good as well, but Evers has singlehandedly brought firearm rights victories for the past three legislative terms. His office in Tally has a ton of NRA stuff.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s2

If your going to discuss schools you should also bring up college campus carry.

Top Bottom