• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Oh I noticed...
    Did that inspire you to accept and exceed those simple performance drills on paper targets to hone your marksmanship prior to hunting live game? But on the side, why no photo's of the tenderloins in a cast iron skillet on a open fire while the sticks hold open the cavity as you prepare to cape out those sub 200 lb dressed weight deer prior to butchering? Daezee probably has a photo or two like that of the time he spent Hog hunting/butchering with SAWMAN. JMHO. But that could be taken wrong. So since it's easier to shoot paper/steel at the Hunters Pistol Line, if you make it up this way it's on me. Yet I respect you more for using a shooting stick at less than 200 yards on live game than if you practiced and accomplished the same shot standing unsupported on 8 inch paper plates and then performed it on live game afeild knowing full well that you could make said shot 10 out of 10 times in practice. BZ.

M118LR

Master
    Damn... and here I was thinking I had accomplished something.
    Those OLD DEVIL DOGS had a hard bark on them didn't they? Should have spent a little time crossing barrels with those Doughboys from WWII. Guess you might have found that the GUNNY rode you a little lighter as a NAVY Guest at his Precision Rifle Course. Even though about 1 percent of his Top Marines actually qualified on HIS COURSE. But back in the day of double digit class numbers all the Squids invited to the Precision Rifle Course at Pendleton were there by CNO Invitation. LOL. (Might be a little goggle time for today's youth!)

M118LR

Master
    So now that silence is golden, and the 1/4 MOA Mindset has settled in. It's time to strike a little Maine Moxie. All those folks that spent a day hunting the Maine Woods feel free to chime in. So in reverence to SAWMAN's days as a guide in the Maine Woods. Since you shot those deer that weighed in at less than 200 pounds dressed, why didn't you wait until the spots had worn off their coats? LOL, LMAO. No hard feelings Bowhntr6pt. BZ on your accomplishments afeild. Honestly. BTW, did you mail thier collars back to their owners? It's a Maine thing! PS: I'm to short to reach the Trophies, Navy Cups, and award glasses from GRCP stored in the two cabinets above the fridge without getting the step stool. Have a drink at the kitchen bar and you can open the cabinet doors if you like. It may allow you a better understanding JMHO.

Last edited:

Captain Dave

Shooter
    I believe 1/4 MOA is an unrealistic expectation for the vast majority of shooters, regardless of the rig and ammo used. In my experience, to achieve that pinnacle of accuracy everything has to be near perfect, including technique, which is the last thing most shooters realize. JMO.

Top Bottom