• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gnappi

Expert
    My manual doesn't show that. Older sierra manual I borrowed to read throu
    My manual doesn't show that. Older sierra manual I borrowed to read through has a 190 grain hitting 1050 max. Got one from hornady showing 1100 max for 200 grain. Don't really NEED any more, just curious at this point as to what it can REALLY do without damaging anything.

gh has a 190 grain hitting 1050 max. Got one from hornady showing 1100 max for 200 grain. Don't really NEED any more, just curious at this point as to what it can REALLY do without damaging anything.

I never said anything about Sierra, or Hornady, I said AA9, that's Accurate powder. Try there. Remember when the 10mm came out they were trying to duplicate Norma 200 grain factory ammo which was 200 gr. at 1200 fps. Load data was published and developed in new brass in a Colt with a 5" bbl and unsupported chamber. I guess enough tools thought hey, how many reloads can I get out of that brass in my Delta Elite, and just maybe attorneys stepped in?

Last edited:

RobertTaylor

Marksman
    I never said anything about Sierra, or Hornady, I said AA9, that's Accurate powder. Try there. Remember when the 10mm came out they were trying to duplicate Norma 200 grain factory ammo which was 200 gr. at 1200 fps. Load data was published and developed in new brass in a Colt with a 5" bbl and unsupported chamber. I guess enough tools thought hey, how many reloads can I get out of that brass in my Delta Elite, and just maybe attorneys stepped in?
    Misread the post. Thanks. Was just giving those as an example. They had some pretty light stuff in there, I'll have to check with Accurate Powder

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I'm wondering how fast I can push those 125g frangibles accurately. Should be good critter or SD grenades. Looking forward to trying them.

tros6t

Marksman
    Just as an interesting point, I’ve seen run of the mill factory 10mm actually chrono slightly slower than some Rem factory 40 cal! I was surprised actually! As for loading, I’ve done a few a while back but loaded on the lower end! I always start low! I promise, you do not want to be holding a polymer pistol when the back of the casing blows out!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Just as an interesting point, I’ve seen run of the mill factory 10mm actually chrono slightly slower than some Rem factory 40 cal! I was surprised actually! As for loading, I’ve done a few a while back but loaded on the lower end! I always start low! I promise, you do not want to be holding a polymer pistol when the back of the casing blows out!
    Your right, most of the factory 10mm is wimpy. If I'd wanted that I would have stuck with 40 short&weak.

boatbum101

Marksman
    You don't want to have a case blow out in an unsupported chamber period . Even a 45 acp in a 1911 will blow the mag out , splinter grip panels & even injure shooter . At roughly double the pressure what do you think will happen ? Nothin' good fer sure...........
    IMHO for hunting & fire breathin' flame throwin' a good ol' Ruger Blackhawk is much cheaper & easier to get them kinda results . Pretty much need to roll yer own regardless of chosen caliber .

Last edited:

RobertTaylor

Marksman
    I'm wondering how fast I can push those 125g frangibles accurately. Should be good critter or SD grenades. Looking forward to trying them.
    I've got a handful of these. Going to start about the middle and see where it goes. That's pretty quick, if I ca get it that high

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-071708_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20221026-071708_Gallery.jpg
      177.6 KB · Views: 63

Ric-san

Master
    Like I said, find a manual from the early days of the 10mm, but use caution.
    What are the early days of 10mm…? I recall Colt making thier 1911 in 10mm the 1990’s if memory serves me well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom