• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    ANOKA, MN - Federal Premium® Ammunition and sister company CCI® have dedicated 20 million rounds of rimfire ammunition to youth shooting sports programs. The Boy Scouts of America will receive 10 million .22 LR shells, and another 10 million will be sent to other organizations. This product sold at a discounted price will ship directly to the Boys Scouts of America, 4-H Shooting Sports and other qualified youth organizations. The ammunition distribution process was in cooperation with the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance (YSSA). Delivery is expected in May and will help ensure that many camps, shooting programs and trainings can occur over the summer.

The consumer demand for ammunition over the last several months has put a strain on manufacturers across the country. Both Federal Premium and CCI continue to run their plants 24 hours a day, seven days a week-as they have for years. Despite the best efforts of over 2,000 employees working around the clock, customers are having trouble finding ammunition.

"We work very closely with several youth organizations who promote the youth shooting sports," said Federal Premium Conservation Manager Ryan Bronson.

"Their efforts are very important to us, and always have been. Many of them rely on rimfire ammunition to educate and teach tomorrow's hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts. The current demand has put a strain on their ability to continue to operate. We hope this special allocation will ease some of the pressure, and keep our young people doing what they love-shooting and hunting."

Federal Premium and CCI took applications and requests until April 30. Through a regimented process all 20 million rounds have been allocated. The recipients of this ammunition include notable organizations like the 4-H Shooting Sports, Boy Scouts of America, Scholastic Steel Challenge and other friends of the Youth Shootings Sports Alliance. All participants in this program have been vetted and are well-documented supporters of the youth shooting sports.

Federal Premium and CCI have been dedicated to conservation and youth outreach programs for decades. The latest allocation of 20 Million .22 LR rounds supports the need for affordable and reliable ammunition.

http://www.shootingwire.com/story/287071

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    That I can live with & respect,,,

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Good for them! I may have to volunteer to help!

bkitzel250

Expert
    At least its not going to DHS or whatever. Like the article said, its good that a lot of summer camps will have the ammo to let the kids shoot.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Not trying to hijack here, but I'm curious is anyone is having any luck at all finding .22 lr ammo anywhere these days? I know it's nearly impossible, just curious if anyone has had any better luck than I've had.....which is NONE! LOL

Snow Bird

Master
    Great Idea. Let the kids shoot. There folks can,t get ammo for them and that puts them in good programs to teach them safety and respect for firearms.

TraderDan

Master
    Get a lawn chair and camp at most any walmart, they tell me they get them in often, just not alot and the campers buy them before they hit the shelfs. Academy the same way, just have to be there at the right time, 7:00ish. Now you owe me a box for the tip.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Yeah I've had the folks at Wally tell me the same thing, gotta be there at the right time. Unfortunately I'm already at work at those times so it sucks to be me on that deal. I was really hoping to find some on line soon, but it sure doesn't look good.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Honestly right now I'm averaging 5000 rounds a week incoming 22lr right now. None of it has lasted 24 hours. My 250,000 rd pallet lasted 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

collectorden

Expert
    I received an email from Midway that the Colabri I was waiting on was in stock.
    I clicked the link immediately, and their website was down (crashed from all the traffic).
    I did get some once they came back up 15 min later. 10 minutes after that it was sold out.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Check Firearm and ammo deals 22LR -.10 a round. was still in stock 2 hours ago.
    ++++++++++++
    Thanks for the heads up!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    where is it, certainly not on the American market.

Nfluencial

Expert
    I'm glad for this. The last camporee I went too we had to donate .22 so the boys could do a shooting competition. All of us dad/scoutmasters had to or the boys couldn't shoot. The boys were extremely limited on number of shots but at least they got to shoot. This makes me like federal and cci even more now.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    I just watched a recent tour of CCI on one of the edgumucational channels, they said they are at max capacity now putting out just shy of 4 million per day.

Sounds like a lot, until you do the math ....

Multiply that by the number of working days ... for the sake of argument say that's 960 million rounds a year.

That's only three .22 shells per person in this country per year.

So if only half the population buys them that's six .22 shells each per year.

A quarter of the population would get twelve .22 shells per year .........

Add in the ban scare / gougers / hoarders / etc ... And it's not hard to figure out why the most favored plinking round is a bit scarce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom