• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Now that's how the shooting community is supposed to work. Props to Miles and Frank !!!!!

And props mullethunter as well, he offered up a brick of ammo. And oneshot for offering a place to shoot. And outside9 for offering some more ammo. This is a gentlemans forum, and it shows.

Play4d

Shooter
    All I can say is that all of you posting are truly great people. I was looking everywhere to buy amm for my wife to do the Gun Godesses shoot last Sat. I had to pay a fortune. I am shocked at the prices people are asking for boxes of 325, 350, and 550+ . You all gave me faith in people by helping out in a situation for a dad and his son. Why is it that others feel the need to charge ridiculous amounts for the ammo instead of just passing it along at the price they pay for it?

DaBreeze

Master
    Im a kid. I'm a kid. What ya got ?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Play I am just a sucker for a Dad teaching the kids to shoot, otherwise I never sell for what I pay...lol

Play4d

Shooter
    Frank, I'm not against making a little profit, but people asking $50-$75 for 325-550 rounds is insane.

outside9

Master
    Frank, I'm not against making a little profit, but people asking $50-$75 for 325-550 rounds is insane.

On one post a week or so back someone was talking about Jay's wanting $75.00 for a brick of 22, several of us said no way we would pay that. Well, speaking as a dad, there is one way I would pay that. If I left the house with my kids (if they were still young) headed shooting and it was either pay that stupid price or tell them we weren't going. I guess I would have spend $75.00.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    True, but that is why you stay prepared, watch the sales, be on the notify lists and stay stocked up...now we all know after this last panic.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Yep, I don't have kids now but when I do I will be prepared. I remember the good times I had learning from my dad how to shoot and if I can help a dad have that moment with his kid I won't hesitate. Best time in the entire world.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    All I can say is that all of you posting are truly great people. I was looking everywhere to buy amm for my wife to do the Gun Godesses shoot last Sat. I had to pay a fortune. I am shocked at the prices people are asking for boxes of 325, 350, and 550+ . You all gave me faith in people by helping out in a situation for a dad and his son. Why is it that others feel the need to charge ridiculous amounts for the ammo instead of just passing it along at the price they pay for it?

I'm not gonna lie... If it were YOU asking for the ammo then you would pay through the nose... But since the kid thing got thrown in their I caved....

outside9

Master
    Not to de-rail this post, but I heard Bass pro sold two Bushmasters today, under $800.00. A friend of mine got one of them. Keeping my fingers crossed things are settleing down.

madeSICC88

Master
    Bass Pro here in Spanish Forth had 25 ARs last weekend, about 1/3 of them were polymer lowers priced at like $750. Brother in law picked up a optic ready one for $850. Couldn't talk my wife into letting me....

Way to come through for a kid guys. Great thread.

Last edited:

Alientaz

Expert
    Going back to the subject, as in my early post I always can put together some extra ammo for a dad to take his son shooting. I can remember being that boy with my dad. I also hope to take my kids one day when I have them. I have been only on this forum for a short time but have see Some true selfless people.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    I want to thank all for there help. We had a great day that weekend. You guys are amazing. If I can help any of you don't hesitate. If I can I will and thanks again for the guys I met.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom