• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Wait, are you trying to tell me Americans live in excess when it comes to eating?

Or are you tryig to tell me it's only eating that Americans live in excess?

HEIST

Master
    Ive been eating between 6-8k calories a day since I started high school. I am 27 now and weigh in at 225. It took way to long for me to get up to this weight so I dont see myself trying to drop down below 210. Weight loss has never been hard for me but weight gain is a different story. I had got to 265 for a weightloss competition and dropped 40lbs in 1 month by changing my eating style and replacing 1 meal a day with tuna sandwiches.

Docar15

Expert
    Have any of you guys getting up there in age ever looked into Testosterone Replacement? Definitely something ill be looking into when I get older.

Good job on losing the weight. I keep my weight down for one very good reason....my wife wont bang a fatty.

Lucky man, after three kids mine won't bang anything....

bobinbusan

Master
    How hard is it to get your brain tuned into this program? :thumb:

Thanks for posting this Dan and thank you others for your advise.

MY BATTLE IS, MIND OVER MATTER

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Thanks for posting this Dan and thank you others for your advise. I forwarded Dan's plan to my wife and told her to put me on his diet. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and see what my starting point is so I can track how much I lose.

Dan1612

Master
    Bob, it's pretty easy since part of it is to never be hungry for long. Out and about, it's easy, just don't order crap. I think the most challenging part at home is portion control. I'll go and buy a piece of salmon, and the thing is usually at least a pound, so I'll cut it in half and save one half. It also helps to use smaller plates when you can, and hose little steamer bags of veggies are awesome, but stuff can be steamed easily and cost less. The other part is having quality food available, it also helps if you and/or your significant other can cook.
    You're a few choices and a grocery store trip away from feeling much better.
    Sometimes, if I'm not sure about a meal, I'll research the calories, and for me, staying at 500-700 for each is key. Your body will tell you if you ate too much or too little by how you feel before your next meal. Keep snacks available, but use them only to ward off the binge monster.
    Viking, I weigh myself everyday, at the same time, after coffee and a trip to the throne for consistency. You'll fluctuate between days, but the goal is 1-2 lbs per week. Any more than that isn't healthy or sustainable long term. I take a picture of the reading on my phone of my lows to keep track.

Clay

Master
    Good info Dan! I was always a gym rat and very active, then the stress of a new job where I was the boss, new baby girls, skipping breakfast and lunch BC I 'didn't have time' caught up and in a year I packed on weight due to stress and lack of exercise, overall not taking care of myself. Blew up to 270, from college boxing cruiserweight of 198. Something that helped me drop a lot of weight FAST was eating the foods below and as much as I wanted. I also make a lot of meals using these ingredients and lean meats. My hit diet soup is Tom Yum soup base with cabbage, tons of veggies below and chicken breast. It's pretty damn awesome and you can eat 1/2 a gallon of it and continue to lose weight. I made a promise to myself to get down to my college boxing weight for my 40th bday coming up this summer. I lost 50lbs in 4 months eating these foods and getting back to the gym (lifting but no cardio, just 30 seconds between sets and no bullshit, ain't there to talk to people), not sure if I can drop the last 22lbs to get down to that fighting weight of 198, or if I really want to. I've held steady here for a while, may go up or down 10lbs a season but I like having more size to me these days, especially when dealing with crazy felons on a daily basis. I didn't cut out booze or occasional desert, I just lost cravings for them and a apple or melon became much more satisfying than a bowl of ice cream. Oh and water! Many tines thirst mimics hunger pains, or if you're hungry drink 16oz of h2o, it curbs the pain.

Anyway, proof is in the before and after, hope this helps. I've been there and back, y'all can do it too.

Pics
    #1 20yo 198lb
    #2 35yo 270lb
    #3 39yo 222lb

Negative Calorie Foods

The phrase “Negative Calories” seems to be causing some confusion as it suggests there are foods which possess no calories at all. All food contains some energy because they include an amount of carbohydrate, protein or fat either alone or in varying amounts. All these macronutrients are energy sources, and thus all food contains some energy.

The negative calorie phrase refers to a small list of foods (shown below) which contain such little energy that the body uses more energy to digest and absorb the energy and nutrients. This means that from eating these foods alone, there is potential for a net loss of calories from the body. This negative energy balance is a biological necessity in order to lose weight.

List of foods with Negative Calories

Negative calorie vegetables Aubergine, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cress, Cucumber, Fennel, Gourd, Leek, Lettuce, Marrow,Peppers, Radish, Spinach,Tomato, Turnip, etc.

Negative calorie fruits Apricot, Blackberry Blackcurrant, Clementines, Damsons, Grapefruit, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Melon Cantaloupe, Peaches, Plums, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

Combining negative calorie foods with good protein sources not only helps control appetite but will help maintain the metabolism because total calories are not cut too much, plus the amino acid pool is maintained which limits the loss of muscle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702105.231663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702119.243898.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702179.445074.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702105.231663.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702105.231663.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 139
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702119.243898.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702119.243898.jpg
      132.9 KB · Views: 140
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702179.445074.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431702179.445074.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 137
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Looking good Clay, I have a theory, that unless you go to extreme measures, it'll be hard for a mature male to weigh the same as an immature male. Men and boys are just built a little different. If you look at a 16 month old dog, and a 3 year old dog, even if just as for, the adult will be broader, more filled out and not necessarily fatter, at least by much. I think your pics show that perfectly.

Clay

Master
    Looking good Clay, I have a theory, that unless you go to extreme measures, it'll be hard for a mature male to weigh the same as an immature male. Men and boys are just built a little different. If you look at a 16 month old dog, and a 3 year old dog, even if just as for, the adult will be broader, more filled out and not necessarily fatter, at least by much. I think your pics show that perfectly.

Thanks buddy, my wife married me fat and is smoking hot, so I owe her;) You articulated what I had kicking around in brain for a long time, thank you. When I was 20 I could bench 225 pounds, now 360 and I feel and look much thicker, even with minimal changes in weight. it must be based on your theory. Muscle and bone density increase as we mature..... My buddy and I are both 6' but he is 26 weighs 200 and Im like a monster over him, with only a 22lb difference. However, then 40 comes and I believe the downward slide may start.... Losing that density ..I hope not and will fight it all the way. Great thread Dan, awesome info.

Dan1612

Master
    For instance, this Breakfast, 400 calories.
    While a steak egg and cheese bagel and a large latte thing at McDs, not half a mile down pine forest would be 1000 calories.
    It's all about choices. Simple enough.
    20a3eb9230c04b922cc5db133de367ca.jpg

Yes Frank, that's turkey bacon. Lol.

Viking1204

Master

He looks a little red in the face to me!

Dan, you got that at Starbucks?

Viking1204

Master
    http://foodpicker.glucomenu.com/

BTW, here's a good website to tell you how healthy or unhealthy a certain food or drink is! It's geared towards diabetics but we all know sugars are the enemy and it does a good job of highlighting the sugars and carbs in food. Carbs break down into sugars, protein and fiber helps a body break them down.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Good to know where I can pick up a healthy breakfast sandwich. I'm not a coffee drinker so would never know to find it at Starbucks! I have learned to drink green tea. Sometimes after lunch I feel sluggish, I work an office job all day. If I drink a green tea it eliminates the sluggishness and I feel a whole lot better, pretty amazing stuff. You have to get the good stuff from the oriental food stores.

Dan1612

Master
    $7
    I could've made the same thing at home, kept the yolk and skipped the cheese, but I was in a bit of a hurry.
    McD's also has an egg white sandwich that is pretty good, but their coffee sucks.

Last edited:

Clay

Master
    $7
    I could've made the same thing at home, kept the yolk and skipped the cheese, but I was in a bit of a hurry.
    McD's also has an egg white sandwich that is pretty good, but their coffee sucks.

The Jimmy Dean line of turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches aren't bad, all around 250 calories and 4 in a box for $6. The Mcd egg white is awesome though!

Seanpcola

Actually, I've found that some of the "diet", low calorie offerings at restaurants are quite good. Cracker Barrel has an excellent one with egg white and spinach omlet, a big bowl of fruit and french toast with grain. The food just tastes ........ cleaner for lack of a better term.

Top Bottom